according to the latest media the 8520 is coming out August 5th and syncs with macs "out of the box". Do you think this means it ships with Desktop Manager? or just Pocket Mac?
    07-27-09 09:27 AM
    It is interesting. The website actually says it sync out of the box using "Blackberry desktop software," which I'm guessing means it isn't PocketMac. Maybe we will get a look at this thing sooner, though I don't know how it went from September to August 5th in about a week. Those programmers are working overtime!
    07-27-09 09:46 AM
    I was really excited when I saw this. Hope we get an early present here.
    07-27-09 12:17 PM
    Looks like they have changed the wording a little bit. It does still say it syncs out of the box, but now it says you have to wait for the upcoming release of Mac DM.
    07-28-09 07:43 PM
    Just get a PC! So much easier.
    07-28-09 07:47 PM
    It may be easy for BB syncing (for the next 5 weeks, at which time I bet Macs will be easier), but that isn't enough to forget that Mac's are easier to use 99% of the rest of the time. Syncing BB is important, but I wouldn't trade my Mac for all the BB's in the world.
    07-29-09 10:06 AM
    It may be easy for BB syncing (for the next 5 weeks, at which time I bet Macs will be easier), but that isn't enough to forget that Mac's are easier to use 99% of the rest of the time. Syncing BB is important, but I wouldn't trade my Mac for all the BB's in the world.
    i second that. im runnin a ibook g4 thats like 3-4 years old an its still running quite nicely. even with leopard an 768mb of ram haha.
    07-29-09 08:51 PM
    the only reason i use windows in bootcamp is games and DM. I've been using Mac for everything else. not there's gonna be 1 less thing i need windows for :-)
    07-30-09 08:07 PM
    I'm hoping for a mac DM tooo!!! come on come on come on!!!
    07-31-09 06:09 PM
    PCs are too problematic. I have been using Windows OS for years and went to the Mac OS about a year and a half. My Mac runs just as fast as it did the day I took it out of that fantastic box they ship them in. All of the windows machines I have used are slow and laggy with in 6 months of having it. They attract too much garbage. I paid $2400 for a superior laptop and don't intend on going to a lesser rate machine just because RIM can't get their heads out of their a$$ you would think that if someone pays top price for a laptop that companies would realize this and would cater to them every now and then. This program can't come soon enough. Let's hope it works right now.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 09:56 AM
    BBs and MACs! hopefully that September date is coming in August .. I've just been using the storage feature
    08-01-09 06:06 PM
    It's Mac. Uppercase, lowercase, lowercase. Not MAC. Believe it or not, they're different. One is a computer, one is a network address.

Nope, not gonna happen. There is NOTHING that will make me buy a "PC" again, unless of course, by PC you mean Personal Computer, which includes Macs

Savin' up for a Macbook Pro ATM. Plus the Hackintosh Desktop needs some hardware upgrades. w00t!
    08-01-09 10:31 PM
    they won't have it out until sept for sure.....they mistyped the promo....we have to wait.......
    08-04-09 03:43 PM
    I find my MBP dual booted with Windows XP as the best solution to all compatibility and preference problems. Of course, I am still looking forward to not having to reboot in order to install updates and back up my device.
    08-06-09 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD