I just got my new pearl (first time BB user) and I can't get my macbook to recognize it. I have downloaded pocketmac but when I plug in my BB nothing happens. BB is not listed in the finder under devices. Help!
    04-28-08 10:17 PM
    I have given up trying to connect it to the mac ,I have boot camp -xp ,JUst installed office outlook and will try this method . I was on the phone to t-mobile for four hours with this no help at all and blackberry,s help was a joke they emailed me back with a phone number and option 6 for help does not even work.
    By the way I just bought the phones 3-of them. Also dont bother with the free im it does not work on this phone with the t-mobile voice enabler you have to pay for it .It is free on the old pearl though?
    05-13-08 08:10 AM
    There's already a few posts on this in the mac forum. You need to format your media card on a windows computer. I just use a usb card reader and it works just fine. I drag everything to it and then plug it back into my BB and i'm good to go. PocketMac worked to download themes on my BB and it syncs my ICal just fine.
    05-13-08 10:05 AM
    First thing in order for your 8120 to work with pocket mac you have to install a driver which is found here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...KdJ0EmNZc+Kw**. Then from the drop down menu pick pocket mac. Click on next and at the bottom you will see a driver to download. You need this driver in order for your mac to recognize the 8120.

For the media card you dont have to format it on a windows computer. You can format it on your phone or if you have a SD card reader you can do it that way on your mac. Then you have to enable mass storage so everytime you plug your BB into your computer the media card will be displayed on your desktop.
    Last edited by cuban_dudeca; 05-13-08 at 11:48 AM.
    05-13-08 10:39 AM
    The current release of PocketMac as awful as it is should recognize your BB, be certain it has mounted. Barring that, try plugging directly to the Mac, hubs can problematic to troubleshoot when it come to communications. Lastly you may want to take a closer look at Missing Sync for BlackBerry, it will costs you a couple buck but its well worth it.
    05-13-08 11:44 AM
    First thing in order for your 8120 to work with pocket mac you have to install a driver which is found here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...KdJ0EmNZc+Kw**. Then from the drop down menu pick pocket mac. Click on next and at the bottom you will see a driver to download. You need this driver in order for your mac to recognize the 8120.

For the media card you dont have to format it on a windows computer. You can format it on your phone or if you have a SD card reader you can do it that way on your mac. Then you have to enable mass storage so everytime you plug your BB into your computer the media card will be displayed on your desktop.
    Ive downloaded that driver and it doesnt make the bb mount. The only time my SD card mounted on my mac was when it was formatted on my windows computer. The moment i formatted it inside my BB...it didnt mount anymore. Others on this forum suggested formatting on a windows based computer.

USB card reader is the way to go for me.
    05-13-08 11:53 AM
    was on the phone today again with tm and bb .BB said that they will give free support to me for pocketmac- Windows does recognize the device as does mac yes u can format it with either one -your choice, but this will not fix your problem. I have read some users of the software get it to work only to have it never work again. I will call bb to see if they can get it working and this will be my last effort. I will post tomorrow with my results. O by the way bb says 8120 with voice plan only gets free im for anything but google and yahoo. I will try the other im's later. I was transfered to tmobile from bb- there is a memo that says im will not work on the curve or the 8120 you have to pay for the data plan at 19.95 per line.
    05-13-08 01:38 PM
    I just upgraded to the new Sprint Curve 8330. I am a MacBook Pro OSX user and am trying to get PocketMac to sync with Entourage 2004.

I have the latest PocketMac for Blackberry and Driver Update downloads from blackberry website, but it still says, "Unable to connect to Blackberry (error 1); skipping. ", during Syncing. The USB cord is plugged into the main USB port.

Has anyone had any success?

Thanks,
    Tim
    05-13-08 06:26 PM
    I just upgraded to the new Sprint Curve 8330. I am a MacBook Pro OSX user and am trying to get PocketMac to sync with Entourage 2004.

I have the latest PocketMac for Blackberry and Driver Update downloads from blackberry website, but it still says, "Unable to connect to Blackberry (error 1); skipping. ", during Syncing. The USB cord is plugged into the main USB port.

Has anyone had any success?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Got it!!! Found this at PocketMac Support Site. The bolded part below was my problem.

2. MEDIA CARD INSTALLED - YES

A. Navigate to the Options menu on the Pearl.
    B. Select Advanced Options, then Media Card.
    C. The settings on Media Card screen should read (example):

Media Card Support = On
    Encryption Mode = None
    Mass Storage Support = On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage When Connected = Yes
    Total Space = 512.00
    Free Space = 486.00
    05-13-08 10:17 PM
    Which OSX are you all using? B/C mine works to sync everything except doesn't show up on the Finder and I use Leopard. Which I don't really care B/C I put music and whatever else via Bluetooth, Which takes a while so that is why I want to do that Memory card USB
    05-14-08 10:59 AM
    I'm on leopard as well. My memory card doesn't mount. I have purchased a media card reader for 13 bucks at vzw. Works like a charm.
    05-14-08 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD