how do you have to different phones on one computer? If I install a os then as far as I can tell it overwrites any other os. What do you do if you have 2 phones? I only have one computer running in this house now as I don't have room for more. Don't see a way to have DM installed twice. I know both phones show up in the dm list but the os do not seem to be separated.
    10-11-12 06:12 PM
    I've done it for several different models, using a variety of Windows OS, and never had an issue. Each BlackBerry OS is unique to model and version.
    10-11-12 07:36 PM
    I guess I am not clear in my question. when I download a os and install it it overwrites the other one. So with the apploader I have my 9900 os and if I want to upgrade my wifes 9780 I have to overwrite the other one. Not a big deal was just curious if it could be done different.
    10-11-12 11:26 PM
    It may be a silly question but how do you know it overwrites the other phones os files? I current have the OS for my 8520 and 9810 installed on my laptop together.
    10-11-12 11:33 PM
    I'm not gonna say it's not possible, but I've had OS for at least half a dozen different models, and G_d knows how many versions of each. I've never experienced, nor recall anyone ever complaining of this before.

Which OS exactly, so we can try and replicate it?
    10-12-12 12:00 AM
    well I assumed it did as I use the apploader to install my os and I have to go to the same dir to delete the vendor file and get app loader fired up. I have never been able to do a os upgrade from dm other then the one time there was one from my service provider. Since then I have been many builds ahead of what they offer.
    10-12-12 12:00 AM
    The OS files aren't in the AppLoader folder, they're in:

Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research in Motion\\Shared\Loader Files

What you are talking about is Desktop finding a new OS from your carrier, and they don't release them very often. You can still use Desktop to upgrade after installing anyone's OS for your model, but Loader.exe is the preferred method.

Two tips:
    Try using http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/ to remove the vendor.xml files.
    Never assume, there's a saying about that.
    10-12-12 06:16 AM