The Philips Dictation Recorder for BlackBerry 10 is a real gem of application, both for business users and for 'normal' folk that just want to record voice notes and it won't cost you a penny to download.*

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    01-16-14 03:20 AM
    Looks like a good app, thanks for the blog post.

(nothing to see here, just moving this thread off the unanswered threads list )
    01-18-14 09:17 PM
    Looks like a good app, thanks for the blog post.
    The app seems to work well - BUT... the resulting WAV file won't play on my Mac or my Z10 or my Q10.

The only way I can play the the WAV files that this app creates - is to re-load them through the app again.

I'm guessing the app has encoded the WAV file using some kind of proprietary CODEC. Web searches seem to suggest this uses a "tag 120 WAV CODEC".

The CODEC seems to be available for the PC as an EXE file - but not for the Mac or, it would seem, the BlackBerry.

There also seems to be no option to save the file after you have finished. It automatically saves it "somewhere" because you can re-load it through the app. I can't find any saved files using the file manager; and you can't choose a folder or save to or choose to save to a memory card.

This is a real shame, because the app itself works like an absolute dream. You can insert or overwrite or append etc etc - fabulous functionality. But... not much use if the resulting file can't be saved somewhere and can't be played anywhere apart from through the app that created it.

Has anyone managed to fix this so the files can be played back using the BlackBerry file manager or on a Mac?

Thanks!
    02-24-14 03:49 PM
    The app seems to work well - BUT... the resulting WAV file won't play on my Mac or my Z10 or my Q10.

The only way I can play the the WAV files that this app creates - is to re-load them through the app again.

I'm guessing the app has encoded the WAV file using some kind of proprietary CODEC. Web searches seem to suggest this uses a "tag 120 WAV CODEC".

The CODEC seems to be available for the PC as an EXE file - but not for the Mac or, it would seem, the BlackBerry.

There also seems to be no option to save the file after you have finished. It automatically saves it "somewhere" because you can re-load it through the app. I can't find any saved files using the file manager; and you can't choose a folder or save to or choose to save to a memory card.

This is a real shame, because the app itself works like an absolute dream. You can insert or overwrite or append etc etc - fabulous functionality. But... not much use if the resulting file can't be saved somewhere and can't be played anywhere apart from through the app that created it.

Has anyone managed to fix this so the files can be played back using the BlackBerry file manager or on a Mac?

Thanks!
    I'm having the same problem. I can't find a codec to play this WAV file on my Mac anywhere. Anynone else any luck in this department?

About saving the file somewhere else, or finding it on your blackberry via file manager. That I can answer.
    You can send it to yourself, or anyone else for that matter, with the send button via email. This way, you either get the file in your inbox, or it is to big to send. If it is to big to send, it has created a file in the "documents" folder on the phone memory. You can acces it from here. Don't know if it is any help, because I still can't find a way to play it outside the app.
    04-23-14 10:01 AM