Apple had launched a new tool to make it easier for iOS users to switch to a competing smartphone platform and not lose text messages. Previously, iPhone users who switched to a rival operating system would still have their numbers locked into Apple's iMessage servers, creating problems with text messages not showing up. Now, with the new tool, users can unregister their numbers from the iMessage system and text messages won't be lost should you switch to a different platform.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    11-09-14 05:30 PM
    This is great news

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 06:08 PM
    This is great news

Posted via CB10
    Not really, almost all Apple Users are going keep using iPhones so it's kinda pointless

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 06:10 PM
    You're probably right but there is hope. I made the switch

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 06:11 PM
    Not really, almost all Apple Users are going keep using iPhones so it's kinda pointless

Posted via CB10
    No, not pointless. This problem has annoyed a lot of people. My wife had to deal with this a number of months ago. Wish the tool was available then.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 06:17 PM
    No, not pointless. This problem has annoyed a lot of people. My wife had to deal with this a number of months ago. Wish the tool was available then.

Posted via CB10
    A lot of people would be very inaccurate. Most people aren't moving on from iPhones, they are staying with them. It's a very slight minority that goes to a different device

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 06:54 PM
    No, it's a lot of people. I don't say most iPhone users. I came across a lot of people with the same problem while trying to find a solution. Not sure why you want to argue something so stupid. Search the net and you will see lots of complaints about this. A "lot" is a subjective term. You say it's not, I say it is. I wonder how many of the millions of Android based phone users came from iPhones. I might say a lot, and you would of course argue the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    sam81 likes this.
    11-09-14 07:02 PM