Out of all the BlackBerry 'Venice' slider leaks thus far, none have really given us a full look at the keyboard on the upcoming device and that, of course, has left some folks skeptical of everything we've seen recently. Looking to end some of those doubts, @evleaks, has now posted up a follow-up to the first leaked render of the device that clearly shows off that glorious BlackBerry keyboard.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    08-19-15 01:51 AM
    Hey Blackberry users and abusers,

Hope everyone is great..and awesome today.!!

I have been following up Blackberry for last 5years and I myself was using Blackberry 9720, Z10 twice (will tell you the reason below), Q5 and Z3 + Blackberry Playbook twice as well.

Then, finally I switched to Android....Still my feelings are being golden memories with Blackberry, I am still following up Blackberry for latest news, happenings and their growth plan.

With today famous leakster evleaks revealing Blackberry Slider with Android, now we can call it, this is the end of Blackberry (Alternatively, New beginning)....But one thing is "Certain"...BlackberryOS is dead.

Based on my experience, I will list all the reasons for the big failure of Blackberry even though it had great potentials.

First, the great things,
    1. Hub (Very fantastic) and Single swipe to Hub
    2. Key board..the software keyboard....flick upward for words (I love it...Still miss it so much)
    3. Flow and Swipe gestures
    4. Blackberry blend and
    5. as everyone agrees...Security

Reasons for failure
    1. Ineffective Supply Chain
    2. Adamance ,Stubborn to have better portfolio of devices
    3. Well frog mentality for designing new devices

Read it again...Read it...I didn't say lack of apps, maps, google services or anything else for failure....the biggest is ineffective supply chain..Why?

When "RIM" started to develop BB10 from scratch, initially they planned to launch it on Oct-2012 (during Thorsten heins), then they delayed until Jan-2013. During their launch on 30th Jan, they announced Z10 and Q10.

I am living in Singapore...UAE was getting Z10 on Feb, there I bought it first time as I was visiting my friend then. Q10 arrived Singapore on May....Geez...think a minute...6 months after announcement. Does BB(RIM) expect that people will wait and expect to experience 6months after announcement?!!! Ridiculous...! While there are so many contract manufacturers available at China, they couldn't make global launch within short time....Blackberry need to learn a lot from Samsung. When BB10 devices were actually arrived, they were dull, lackluster and majority didn't care about.
    Whereas, Samsung whether they have good or bad devices, they flood the market, So everyone was able to play with it, try it and get or regret or enjoy ait...Whatever...the point is, the devices are at customer hands. Only few shops they carried it, either one or two devices, no official stores, no volumes. Sucked so badly.
    The same strategy (does it make sense) continued for Q5, Z30, Z3, Passport till Classic. They ended up in failure naturally.

Adamance,Stubborn,Well frog

When everyone (may be, most) felt Passport design is disgusting....Only Chen is was feeling proud of it...Smiling, calling it great device. People were calling it awkward, too wide and unpleasant...they stayed in their own well.
    I still remember the time when my friend looked at Passport and said...What a disgusting!!! Not only him, None of my friends liked it...None.

Classic was little bit better atleast...But the Squarish display...Not enough room and appealing to look at for long time. We have all love rectangle, that's most pleasant, look at everywhere, our books, TV, Bed, even people are rectangle proportions (our body to leg)...Where does Square look attractive?
    Crackberry readers were crying for High end touch device and better Classic device, they suggested,posted concepts hoping that Blackberry will listen...Never..! Such a well frog.

Look at Microsoft, When they were stubborn,adamant about Windows8 and ended up in failure, they quickly recovered out of it, created insider program to next version of Windows....resulted 10million updates within a day for windows 10.
    Do you really think BB team will ever discussed about this kind of plan at any one of their meeting....I bet...They would never.!!! Moreover, they deserted their loyal fans today..!

The other reasons are,
    Carrier based OS update : The Z10 didn't work better in Singapore due to OS is written to Dubai...Everytime, the browser cannot load anything and ended up errors...Blackberry Service center couldn't fix it, my local carried couldn't. So, finally I sold it for less than half price, then bought another Z10 in Singapore.
    If BB learn from Apple on this...It would be...But..???!!!

Playbook : Initially I bought wifi versions but sold it after a month hoping that 3G,4G version would be launched. But Not.., As I liked the UI. So I bought again after 2 months...Then I kept for long time..when days gets older, the browser didn't work well, freezes, hanged etc...No BB10 updates as promised...also there was no Playbook OS 2.0 update as well.

Lack of Important apps:
    BB Maps sucked, unable to get google maps
    Lot of local apps were not available and Html5 wasn't popular then.
    So not many website had their mobile version...You know well...how much pain to access a desktop site on mobile.

So I wanted to put a full stop for my frustrations, So moved to Android...Even though I miss the good keyboard,typing experience, it didn't left me alone..ever.!

Now, let me put a full stop for this letter...Thanks for being with me so far...Your awesome remains till end of the day..!!! Thanks guys..!
    08-19-15 11:16 AM
    I do agree with ur statement....u hav pointed out the things correctly........i owned a Z10..it was just a masterpiece...then moved to android and then to windows...bt still there is nothing like blackberry....but due to their adamant nature they hav ruined themselves.....now again thinking of going back to blackberry with the Passport...!!!
    08-19-15 11:37 AM