Following our post covering the recent issues that have come up with BBM users switching devices, Alex Thurber, took to the Inside BlackBerry blog to lay out exactly what changed with BBM this week and why the changes were made.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    09-01-17 10:20 PM
    BlackBerry will never learn.
    Really this is absolute rubbish
    No matter whatever reason they have for doing this thing. It absolutely doesn't make sense.
    More so because after 25th September you can't even switch from a BBOS or a BB10 to android, iOS or Windows. Really does BlackBerry even want anyone to use BBM? Should have just scrapped the thing instead of bringing it down like this.
    I use a Classic and I really can't change to another phone right now before next year. So I suffer? Really so much for "supporting" BB10

Posted via CB10
    09-02-17 02:35 AM
    I agree. It is one thing to make it a one way trap door once you leave BB10 for a newer OS, it's quite another to maroon all BB10 users of it and prevent them from migrating after an arbitrary date.
    03-22-18 07:34 AM
    I agree. It is one thing to make it a one way trap door once you leave BB10 for a newer OS, it's quite another to maroon all BB10 users of it and prevent them from migrating after an arbitrary date.
    It was inevitable though. They are two completely disparate systems/infrastructures.
    03-22-18 07:49 AM