I only know Mark from the forums and loved his IG that showed off that awesome collection. I had a baby boy last week and he left an amazing, unexpected comment. From our brief interactions, you could tell he was a beautiful soul.

May God place His loving arms around that family as they go through this difficult time. Praying for everyone affected.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    08-25-18 12:54 AM
    Mark was very definitely one of the good guys. I spent time with him at a couple of BlackBerry events. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.
    08-25-18 06:24 AM
    RIP Carjacked. Wut a BlackBerry Collection u had. The Ultimate BlackBerry Fan
    Golfdriver97 and thurask like this.
    08-25-18 09:23 AM
    I'm still trying to make any sense of this tragedy. Such a young man with a young family. He would be the one who knew the right words to say to console others.

Always had a great time with him at various BlackBerry events, and I will miss our chats. He was one of the good guys.
    08-25-18 02:48 PM
    I'm still trying to make any sense of this tragedy. Such a young man with a young family. He would be the one who knew the right words to say to console others.

Always had a great time with him at various BlackBerry events, and I will miss our chats. He was one of the good guys.
    While I’ve not met anyone here in person, I feel a camaraderie and friendship with all of you regardless of your opinions. I feel this is what really makes CB unique is that such a large community feels intimately small at the same time.

I know that Carjackd was one person that I used as baseline for my comments and responses to other members. I try asking myself each time I reply, WWCD and the “C” stood for Carjackd.

In the future, that C will have to stand for Conite..... No pressure, really no pressure.....
    08-25-18 03:09 PM
    Obituary and funeral details:
    http://smithsfh.com/book-of-memories...k/obituary.php

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    08-25-18 07:41 PM
    Obituary and funeral details:
    Mark Davidson Obituary - Burlington, Ontario | Smith's Funeral Home

Super young..... wow
    08-25-18 08:24 PM
    RIP Mark. I only knew you as carjackd. But I knew you to be a great person. My thoughts are with your family.
    08-25-18 08:34 PM
    While I’ve not met anyone here in person, I feel a camaraderie and friendship with all of you regardless of your opinions. I feel this is what really makes CB unique is that such a large community feels intimately small at the same time.

I know that Carjackd was one person that I used as baseline for my comments and responses to other members. I try asking myself each time I reply, WWCD and the “C” stood for Carjackd.

In the future, that C will have to stand for Conite..... No pressure, really no pressure.....
    True about Conite, though I don't think anyone can really fill Carjackd's shoes here on CB in the sense of replacing him. But we can each do our part in our own unique way and we can look to the wonderful example he was and follow it. This I have taken to heart.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 08-25-18 at 09:49 PM.
    08-25-18 09:22 PM
    From the collector corner and was waiting for another 'dropping on the lap' piece of old Blackberry from Carjackd, this is unbelievable and unfair. My condolences to his wife and children and his family. Rest in peace Carjackd.
    Last edited by littlebuff; 08-26-18 at 02:19 AM.
    08-26-18 01:59 AM
    my deepest sympathies for his family.
    08-26-18 04:41 AM
    Posted by Carjackd's wife in BBM, along with funeral details:

https://www.gofundme.com/in-loving-m...-mark-davidson

08-26-18 11:41 AM
    I am so sad to hear this. I didn't live to far from him and I met him and his wife, at a Crackberry event. He we messaging about getting a Motion on Kijiji, a while back.

He was pretty proud to be a trusted member at Crackberry! And a lover of Blackberry.

He just turned 50! Way to young. And he has little kids.. omg so sad.

I am sure his wife could use the help ..

08-26-18 06:14 PM
    He'll be missed by CrackBerry for sure. He was a nice guy for the short time I met with him at the CB Meetup for the KEYone launch in December. He also helped inspire me to make a BlackBerry shadowbox.

Everyone should go type out something on a BB keyboard in his honour.
    08-27-18 03:19 AM
    Photos from his celebration of life. Gave Leigh Anne hugs from the CrackBerry community and she thanked us for keeping Mark up late!
    howarmat, john_v, pkcable and 10 others like this.
    08-28-18 07:21 PM
    Photos from his celebration of life. Gave Leigh Anne hugs from the CrackBerry community and she thanked us for keeping Mark up late! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...73523c250c.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8d7663b2e5.jpg
    thanks for these...really an incredible member
    08-28-18 07:28 PM
    Photos from his celebration of life. Gave Leigh Anne hugs from the CrackBerry community and she thanked us for keeping Mark up late! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...73523c250c.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8d7663b2e5.jpg
    Thank you for sharing. I am glad you were able to go. Thank you for giving Leigh Anne condolences and hugs on our behalf. Many of us were there in spirit, though many miles away.
    08-29-18 10:45 AM
    Thanks for the pictures and for giving his wife condolences from us, here.

Still shocked ...

RIP Mark
    08-29-18 11:07 AM
    Really sorry to read this. Condolences to all his family and friends. He was such a great member of this community.
    Golfdriver97 and BigBadWulf like this.
    08-29-18 11:12 AM
    The Crackberry/BB community has indeed lost a true friend. I humbly ask those of you who can, contribute to the Go Fund Me page for his Children (and Leigh Anne) during their time enduring their terrible loss:

You can donate anonymously, but it goes to show how much of an impact Mark had, that even Senior Employees of Blackberry Mobile have donated.
    08-29-18 12:28 PM
    The Crackberry/BB community has indeed lost a true friend. I humbly ask those of you who can, contribute to the Go Fund Me page for his Children (and Leigh Anne) during their time enduring their terrible loss:

You can donate anonymously, but it goes to show how much of an impact Mark had, that even Senior Employees of Blackberry Mobile have donated.
    I’m just bumping this to remind folks to donate if they’re able.
    08-30-18 03:48 PM
    Completely gutted. I haven't been on the boards of late and hadn't seen him post on IG or chatted with him through BBM in awhile so assumed he was enjoying the remains of the summer with his wife and boys.

He was such a good guy and I am so blessed to have met him at various events as he didn't live that far from me.

I am devastated for his sons... he was an amazing father. I feel for his wife who lost a wonderful life partner.

He will be greatly missed. God bless you, Mark and may you rest in heavenly peace.
    08-30-18 06:16 PM
    Wow I can't believe this. Carjackd was just online 4 days ago. So sorry to hear Carjackd's passing....
    08-30-18 06:16 PM
    I'm sorry you guys didn't know. :-( We've been trying to get the word out. Yes, too young, too soon, devastating to all who knew and loved him.

krazyatom, kbz1960 and BigBadWulf like this.
    08-30-18 11:52 PM
    So extremely sad to hear this.

I enjoyed his posts in the collectors thread very much - and we got into contact this way from time to time.

My thoughts are with his family.
    Golfdriver97 and BigBadWulf like this.
    09-01-18 04:24 AM
96 1234