Perhaps BlackBerry Mobile has something in the works but either way, there's no sign of it now, so let me know in the comments if you think they should follow through with a Motion successor.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    09-25-18 06:30 PM
    Perhaps BlackBerry Mobile has something in the works but either way, there's no sign of it now, so let me know in the comments if you think they should follow through with a Motion successor.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    Yes
    09-25-18 08:29 PM
    They will if the unit sales from the Motion warrants a follow up device. I doubt that the Motion was profitable.
    09-25-18 08:55 PM
    I want a Motion2 or whatever it would be called. That's the only BlackBerry I would buy.

But, only if AT&T would carry it. I'll be ready for a new phone this time next year.
    09-25-18 09:06 PM
    Waste of dollars and resources....any Android can "become" a BlackBerry simply by downloading the suite (with the exception of the Productivity Tab & DTEK). What's the point? Nobody cares for extra security....any Android is plenty secured to the average user.
    09-25-18 09:53 PM
    I want a Motion2 or whatever it would be called. That's the only BlackBerry I would buy.

But, only if AT&T would carry it. I'll be ready for a new phone this time next year.
    This but with a guarantee of support. My gimped KEYone isn’t worth the money I’m paying to AT&T
    09-25-18 11:23 PM
    guarantee of support
    Pffff....anything else?
    09-25-18 11:36 PM
    Pffff....anything else?
    If only possible to provide link to my last AT&T call.
    09-25-18 11:39 PM
    This but with a guarantee of support. My gimped KEYone isn’t worth the money I’m paying to AT&T
    I forgot about that. Maybe they'll have something worked out by then... if the carry it.
    09-26-18 01:05 AM
    Waste of dollars and resources....any Android can "become" a BlackBerry simply by downloading the suite (with the exception of the Productivity Tab & DTEK). What's the point? Nobody cares for extra security....any Android is plenty secured to the average user.
    And apparently the BB virtual keyboard. I was looking at other Android phones and found out I wouldn't be able to install the BB keyboard. So, yes, BBmo should market an all touch phone. I think they should spec it to be more media centric for the slab crowd though, maybe a high end flagship?
    09-26-18 08:05 AM
    And apparently the BB virtual keyboard. I was looking at other Android phones and found out I wouldn't be able to install the BB keyboard. So, yes, BBmo should market an all touch phone. I think they should spec it to be more media centric for the slab crowd though, maybe a high end flagship?
    Many on here suggest the BB VKB is licensed from SwiftKey. I’m not certain. Perhaps someone else knows better. I don’t mind paying extra for the full blown BBAndroid experience, but only if offered through AT&T, my carrier, and full blown support of WFC and VoLTE. I don’t get that with the AT&T Space Black KEYone.
    09-26-18 08:10 AM
    You can put the BlackBerry VKB on other phones, actually. I have it on my S8. Works great.

Yes, it's licensed from Swiftkey, but BlackBerry adds the flick up feature - words appear just above the next letter instead of lining up along the "suggested words" row above the keyboard.

None of the Swiftkey keyboards available from the Play Store offer that feature. I tried theirs, and a few others just to see, and was disappointed in all of them.

While the S8 is a great phone, I'd really rather a phone with more to grab onto with my hand. Yes, a bit MORE bezel please. I'm tired of activating apps just putting the phone down or pulling it out of my pocket. I even have a case on it and I'm still touching the screen more than I want to.
    09-26-18 09:12 AM
    And you'll get carrier support and an OEM that knows what QA and software updates are.
    09-26-18 09:42 AM
    You can put the BlackBerry VKB on other phones, actually. I have it on my S8. Works great.
    Yep, I have it on my older P9 and it works great. Not as full-featured as the newest version however, as it is only available as an older version through XDA developers forum.
    09-26-18 11:35 AM
    Some people like keyboard phones!!! and some people like full screen touch phones!!!
    No matter wich phone type people like, it is very hard to change peoples phone habbits, and from a business point of view: A situation like blackberry who has so small market share (if any at all) it is very important to turn to so many consumers as possible, and blackberry can do that by making both types of phones, I am not saying that they so making many models of each types of phones, a few of each is very fine.
    Vega502 likes this.
    09-26-18 03:26 PM
    There definitely needs to be a BlackBerry Motion2. BlackBerry could and should create a Key2 minus the keyboard. I personally like the current look of the Key2, but Black has to attract younger buyers.. When I think of BlackBerry phones, I immediately think of top notch security and productivity. Why isn't the BlackBerry Evolve and Evolve X sold worldwide?
    10-28-18 02:04 PM
    There definitely needs to be a BlackBerry Motion2. BlackBerry could and should create a Key2 minus the keyboard. I personally like the current look of the Key2, but Black has to attract younger buyers.. When I think of BlackBerry phones, I immediately think of top notch security and productivity. Why isn't the BlackBerry Evolve and Evolve X sold worldwide?
    Made by a different licensee, Optiemus, that only has India and Sri Lanka for approved territory. The main licensee, BBMo/TCL made the Motion and it didn’t sell well due to BBTax ....
    10-28-18 05:31 PM
    Completely agree. A motion 2 with the size of the Key2, and same or upgraded specs (Snapdragon 670).

Would be nice to hear something soon.
    10-28-18 05:46 PM
    I don't think so. Seems to be a losing market in the slab world. Too much competition without real results that I wouldn't bother trying to compete in that space. I'd stick with this little niche and hope it continues to have success.
    10-28-18 07:35 PM
    I would like a to get back to a blackberry phone but I’m over the physical keyboard, and the motion while it looks amazing lacks in the camera department I rely on my phone for my camera so that definitely keeps me from buying one.
    10-31-18 06:07 AM
    I would like a to get back to a blackberry phone but I’m over the physical keyboard, and the motion while it looks amazing lacks in the camera department I rely on my phone for my camera so that definitely keeps me from buying one.
    For now just get the VKB you like and download the BB Suite
    10-31-18 06:15 AM