The mobile market is so app orientated that it's probably the most important feature that consumers take into consideration when picking an operating system. As a BlackBerry 10 user I hope I can speak for most of us when I say that the OS and hardware are more important to me. Sure, apps are still have a place, but they are down the list of important features that I need on my smartphone.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    08-13-15 06:12 AM
    First BBW. Then Snap.
    08-13-15 06:20 AM
    First BBW. Then Snap.
    Ha ha same here!
    08-13-15 05:33 PM
    Blackberry World, I'm not interested in the inferior apps from other stores. Blackberry should just ditch android apps and just focus on their yard and not embarass themselves anymore.
    08-18-15 07:09 AM
    Always BlackBerry World before anywhere else.

Sometimes, I'll look at Snap. But, often, if it isnt in BlackBerry World, I'll just go without.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-18-15 08:07 AM
    Blackberry World, I'm not interested in the inferior apps from other stores. Blackberry should just ditch android apps and just focus on their yard and not embarass themselves anymore.
    I like your perspective. BlackBerry gave up on its own store and apps way too soon, in my opinion.

I forget the person's name, and he may have left BlackBerry at this point. But, the guy who handled developer relationships, I thought he was off to a good start.

It was just a question of getting those Top 50 or Top 100 apps people "can't live without." A little more time and energy into making it worth developer's while and perhaps BB10 would have had a stronger fighting chance.

08-18-15 08:14 AM
    I forget the person's name, and he may have left BlackBerry at this point. But, the guy who handled developer relationships, I thought he was off to a good start.
    Alec Saunders. Yeh, he's working for Microsoft now.
    The other familiar face at the launch of BB10 was Vivek Bhardwaj. He's now working for Apple.

For me, the app experience with native Cascades apps on BB10 is usually far superior than Android apps. There's a noticeable difference in usability between the two. The Android CBC news app is junk and I rarely use it. I used the native app daily before they cut the data connection to it.
    08-18-15 10:25 AM
    Alec Saunders. Yeh, he's working for Microsoft now.
    The other familiar face at the launch of BB10 was Vivek Bhardwaj. He's now working for Apple.

For me, the app experience with native Cascades apps on BB10 is usually far superior than Android apps. There's a noticeable difference in usability between the two. The Android CBC news app is junk and I rarely use it. I used the native app daily before they cut the data connection to it.
    Alec Saunders. Yes, that's the guy. Perhaps BlackBerry could have helped him a little by passing off a little cash to much-coveted developers. It could have been considered part of the marketing budget.

I remember Vivek Bhardwaj, too. Lots of talented folks moved to other places.

Having the chance to spend time with Android apps via the runtime and via using people's Android phones, I am with you in preferring the User Interface of BlackBerry 10. It is well thought out, fluid, and efficient. For the most part, I stopped using Android apps on my phone.

I was disenchanted with the Android app experience after BB10. Maybe some people prefer Android and some prefer iOS. And, to each his or her own. But, I enjoy the creativity and thought that went into BB10.

If the BlackBerry/ Android rumors are true, I hope BlackBerry uses that same creativity and thought to give us an experience worth lightening our wallets a little for.

*fingers crossed*

08-27-15 01:32 PM