Things have become complicated in BlackBerry land. With this editorial, I set things straight, for my sanity and hopefully for everyone else’s too. To that end, it's critical to understand the difference between BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    02-02-17 06:12 AM
    I'd say you could hold onto your BB10 phones forever (BBOS too for that matter), but that won't help BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile either.

So ... the main thing is generate profits for Chen, as opposed to using products that you actually like?

If I buy the Mercury, it won't be until a year after it's released and the price comes down to something reasonable.
    02-02-17 09:36 AM
    So ... the main thing is generate profits for Chen, as opposed to using products that you actually like?
    I use what I like thankfully. BlackBerry won't lure me into buying an Android-powered phone of theirs.
    02-03-17 08:53 PM
    Maybe if Chen had chucked a little bit of money BB10's way (and even BBOS), so that these platforms could continue to support FB Messenger and WhatsApp, he wouldn't be facing losing several million customers in the next few months?

I think this policy of not spending another penny on legacy products is shortsighted. I notice that they continue to take in revenue for BIS even although they don't sell or support BBOS handsets any more.
    02-04-17 09:03 AM
    Maybe if Chen had chucked a little bit of money BB10's way (and even BBOS), so that these platforms could continue to support FB Messenger and WhatsApp, he wouldn't be facing losing several million customers in the next few months?

I think this policy of not spending another penny on legacy products is shortsighted. I notice that they continue to take in revenue for BIS even although they don't sell or support BBOS handsets any more.
    I don't think throwing a bit of money was a viable option, and most people that left BlackBerry and went to other OS choices left before bb10. If anything supporting us few bb10 customers is not smart business. We have to transition to android to survive. Adapt or die. As hard as it is for me to admit, some of my posts from years past were along the lines of, "I wish my torch 9860 had android. Lol I love my BlackBerry devices but after os 5 and the zen themed os started to fade away that I loved from my storm it wasn't as important to stay away from google and android. I've always kept an open mind and anything can be as secure as you need it to be you just have to understand what true privacy means. Anyways, more money to maintain apps on BlackBerry 10 is not smart now. Maybe at the launch of BlackBerry 10 to put more $ into app development. But it was tough. Bb10 was late to the party android and ios were already loaded with no signs of slowing down. BlackBerry had a 6 pack of Mikes hard. Some tasty goodies but nothing to get you to their level

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    02-04-17 12:09 PM