There has been quite a bit of chatter lately about Android-powered BlackBerry devices, and yet another rumor has surfaced. According to N4BB, BlackBerry's first Android device is called the BlackBerry "Prague", which won't be flagship style hardware, instead more on the lower end.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    06-18-15 10:12 AM
    BB10 is just now (10.3) what I would consider to be a really good os. Most of the bugs are worked out, and the features that should be there have been added. It would be a real shame if after all the work they did to get BB10 to this point, it was just tossed away. I feel like if they start over with Android it's going to be 10.1 all over again.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-18-15 10:20 AM
    Why?

Where would this device succeed over the Z3? Was it the BB10 OS that made the Z3 so expensive?

I think BlackBerry success in the past in developing markets needs to be left in the past. Those markets have changed and have different needs today... and what BBOS provided was a benefit that made a BlackBerry unique and valuable. BB10 lost that and Android will make them even less unique.
    06-18-15 11:27 AM
    Exactly, their not going to just dump any os on here, it will have to be customized to offer BlackBerry's level of security, so why spend all that $$ on the R&M when you have a great OS already? Spend that money on some marketing!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 12:32 PM
    06-18-15 12:55 PM
    Another low end? Smh, android devices are cheap enough. No one will buy this. Not even for the security.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 08:48 PM
    BB10 is just now (10.3) what I would consider to be a really good os. Most of the bugs are worked out, and the features that should be there have been added. It would be a real shame if after all the work they did to get BB10 to this point, it was just tossed away. I feel like if they start over with Android it's going to be 10.1 all over again.

Posted via CB10
    Not only that, I affirm that there is no (negligible at best) reason to put BBRY hardware with Android or any other OS for that matter.

MAYBE at some point non-BBRY hardware with BBRY software. But NEVER EVER other way around!!

EDIT: BlackBerry is dangerously and stupidly naive if they think, especially at this point, that being based on Android is going to turn people away from the real Android just by name. And, they are even more naive if they think just because they are BlackBerry that they can build an Android platform as secure as the real BlackBerry OS. They should know better - if it's Android, it's going to have lotsa holes.

-STV on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-18-15 08:53 PM
    The BlackBerry Plague is a new device that ships with a slightly-skinned Android. It is an educational low-end smartphone that shows the user how easy Android makes it to become infected. Once malware is obtained, the phone "rescues" the user and his/her personal data and wipes and loads BlackBerry OS 10.2.3.

-STV on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    kekos and nokia4life like this.
    06-18-15 09:32 PM
    Does anybody here really believe that Blackberry can compete with Samsung? Because that's the market share they will be competing for if they go ahead and produce an Android based handset.

I could have bought an Android Samsung device when I bought my Z30, but chose Blackberry because of OS 10.

If Blackberry gave up on OS 10, and only produced Android based handsets, I can't see people choosing Blackberry over Samsung.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    anilnc likes this.
    06-18-15 09:37 PM
    Another low end? Smh, android devices are cheap enough. No one will buy this. Not even for the security.

Posted via CB10
    Well atleast this could be cheaper than the Blackphone.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-18-15 11:32 PM
    Does anybody here really believe that Blackberry can compete with Samsung? Because that's the market share they will be competing for if they go ahead and produce an Android based handset.

I could have bought an Android Samsung device when I bought my Z30, but chose Blackberry because of OS 10.

If Blackberry gave up on OS 10, and only produced Android based handsets, I can't see people choosing Blackberry over Samsung.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    All of the rumors that I heard was that they were working with Samsung so I don't think they would compete that would be years from now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-21-15 09:51 PM
    In my case, I don't need that much security that blackberry is proud. I'm just a regular guy. I'm qwerty phisical lover, that's why I'm Q10 as first phone, note 4 the second because all apps. I'll love to see my Q10 running android or just official way to run Google services without any side load stuff or playing to install apks. If blackberry release android version, I hope they release another with phisical qwerty too.
    I almost forgot. blackberry want back to busines.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    06-23-15 07:31 AM
    Release android OS option for all BlackBerry 10 phones, I don't want to give up with my Q10, is an order.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    06-23-15 07:33 AM