Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2

In our poll earlier, we asked how many people were still holding out hope that BlackBerry would announce a new all touch device and thus far, the results show the vast majority still want to see BlackBerry announce something in that area. Looking through the comments, a lot of those who voted feel as though the BlackBerry Z10 needs a 'successor' device and as luck would have it, DHabkirk Designs had a concept in mind by way of the BlackBerry Knight.
    Suggested Specs

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    07-14-14 06:30 PM
    A device like that with 10.3, Amazon store and a some good advertising is the thing that could potentially lure some average users away from Android and iPhone. Put some steel around the edges and maybe remove some bezel. That would be one bad azz BlackBerry!

Z10
    07-14-14 07:18 PM
    A device like that with 10.3, Amazon store and a some good advertising is the thing that could potentially lure some average users away from Android and iPhone. Put some steel around the edges and maybe remove some bezel. Get that z30 battery life. That would be one bad azz BlackBerry!

Z10

Z10
    07-14-14 07:19 PM
    I read the blog, the specs are perfect for a Z10 replacement. Now, only if BB will produce it.
    07-14-14 07:32 PM
    Z10
    Why are you quoting yourself?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-14-14 09:09 PM
    A very nice concept. I like that the screen is slightly bigger than the Z10 without being huge. And especially like that it is 1080p!

I'd buy it.

07-14-14 09:11 PM
    Why are you quoting yourself?

That was an accident. I tried to edit my original post but I believe I quoted instead.

Z10
    07-15-14 05:35 AM
    Make it 5"

Z30 heals,weed cure.
    07-15-14 06:11 AM
    I don't want to mock on the creator of this "concept", the Z10 clearly was a failed product.
    Yea but lets be real...it didnt fail because the device is no good. It failed predominantly because of an OS that was not ready for prime time and zero advertizing. Take this concept and put an Apple like advertizing campaign behind it (as an example..not that BB is in a position to do that) and that thing sells like crazy once people actually realize what it can do.
    07-16-14 05:03 PM
    Yea but lets be real...it didnt fail because the device is no good. It failed predominantly because of an OS that was not ready for prime time and zero advertizing. Take this concept and put an Apple like advertizing campaign behind it (as an example..not that BB is in a position to do that) and that thing sells like crazy once people actually realize what it can do.
    Well, you're right aswell, but lets face it, BB10 devices, the Z10 in special, didn't feel like they were worth the money.... When the Z10 launched, it was priced at 549$, the Iphone 5 was at 649$... and for the average consumer that wasn't a "blackberry fan", it was a no brainer, it was a plasticky feeling phone, against a phone all made of metal, and with a very desirable brand. I think we all agree that BB10 devices at launch felt like they were 1 or 2 years old already with those fat bezels and unimpressive specs. Apple has the "brand coolness" to sell phones with low specs, blackberry doesn't, Blackberry really needs to make that WOW factor when costomers are looking at the shelving.

Blackberry advantage was in the ease of use, and OS key factors like the Hub, but the average consumer doesn't have time to learn those advantages when they pick the phone for 30 seconds at the shelf, it has to feel good at the first impression when you're spending over 500$ in a phone.
    07-16-14 05:11 PM
    Well, you're right aswell, but lets face it, BB10 devices, the Z10 in special, didn't feel like they were worth the money.... When the Z10 launched, it was priced at 549$, the Iphone 5 was at 649$... and for the average consumer that wasn't a "blackberry fan", it was a no brainer, it was a plasticky feeling phone, against a phone all made of metal, and with a very desirable brand. I think we all agree that BB10 devices at launch felt like they were 1 or 2 years old already with those fat bezels and unimpressive specs.
    Absolutely right.

07-16-14 06:12 PM
    It's just a concept... People need to stop being so critical.

It's for fun fellas, relax and tone it back.
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 07-17-14 at 12:11 AM.
    FCBAndrea and redsaph like this.
    07-16-14 11:59 PM
    This is not innovative design! BlackBerry will need to break from coming up with the similar design over and over. We need breakthrough design!!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:04 AM

It's a great concept. Thanks for taking the time to produce it.

DYLANHABKIRK and FCBAndrea like this.
    07-17-14 08:14 AM

You should relax.

The entire point of a concept is FOR it to be criticized, analyzed and brainstormed. How else does forward innovation happen?

You aren't a moderator, don't presume that you can police the members on this forum by telling them to "tone it back".
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    07-17-14 01:48 PM
    You should relax.

The entire point of a concept is FOR it to be criticized, analyzed and brainstormed. How else does forward innovation happen?

You aren't a moderator, don't presume that you can police the members on this forum by telling them to "tone it back".
    Nope. Concepts are for fun.

Analyze a real device - your impoliteness isn't wanted here, sorry.

"You aren't a moderator, don't presume that you can police the members on this forum by telling them to "tone it back"."

- You just told him to relax... so, you just became the slander you provided...
    DYLANHABKIRK and menshawy like this.
    07-17-14 01:53 PM
    You should relax.

You're right that concepts are there to be analyzed and criticized. However, any criticism should be constructive. If it isn't constructive then people should either keep it to themselves or make their own concept.

FCBAndrea likes this.
    07-17-14 02:50 PM
    I don't see a problem, OP posted his vision, some people liked, some didn't...
    Freedom of expression, is as valid to say that you hate as is valid to say that you love it, the same way people are able to hate or love my posts, it's the position I put myself when I commit in a internet social platform like this.

Chill and enjoy what each other has to say, not only one guy has to know how to criticise, BUT the other guy also has to know how to be criticised... some people just don't accept soemthing negative. People are different, some criticise in a soft tone, some like to use sarcasm (like me), some like to write long reply, some short reply... learn how to deal with different people.
    07-17-14 05:26 PM
    This is not innovative design! BlackBerry will need to break from coming up with the similar design over and over. We need breakthrough design!!

Posted via CB10
    It may not be innovative but the Z10 really is beautiful! This concept is just refining what the Z10 is and making it look better!

Why did Apple get away with repeating designs?

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone.
    07-17-14 09:27 PM
    It may not be innovative but the Z10 really is beautiful! This concept is just refining what the Z10 is and making it look better!

Why did Apple get away with repeating designs?

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone.
    Because the first iphone design was a freaking HUGE sucess... can't say the same with the Z10... Z10 has NO recogniction in the market, so going away from the design to something even better, doesn't carry any loss.
    07-17-14 10:17 PM
    ... learn how to deal with different people.
    That's a good quote. Might I suggest using your own advice?

Your tone came across as rude, and distasteful to the few that reported your comments.

By the way - they wouldn't have edited your posts had you been more polite. That should be a clear indication of who's in the wrong.

I appreciate all members, but let's keep it respectful!

- Stay safe!

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-19-14 06:11 PM
    Thanks for making the design. Though I think it's time to go big. 5" at least and smaller bezels to minimise the size..

I think if BlackBerry could stuff all the goodies with a 5" in the size of Z10 that would be what everybody couldn't love more!

Please join my photography channel
    FCBAndrea likes this.
    07-19-14 06:30 PM
    That's a good quote. Might I suggest using your own advice?

Your tone came across as rude, and distasteful to the few that reported your comments.

By the way - they wouldn't have edited your posts had you been more polite. That should be a clear indication of who's in the wrong.

I appreciate all members, but let's keep it respectful!

- Stay safe!

Posted via CB10
    1st - Post got edited becuase I pasted the very well know meme of the internet saying "F**k logic"... That's only offensive for someone that has no sense of humour at all. The post was edited because it was classified as "bad language" not for ofending anybody, and that was clarified by the administration to me, wich I don't agree, but I acept

2nd - Only the original post was edited, it was only one. Again, for bad language, not by disrispecting anybody.

3rd - My original post only talked about my thoughts about the design, not about any user in particular, so your "sugestion" is invalid.
    07-21-14 04:47 PM