After a bit of lull in updates, BlackBerry has once again fired off some updates to the Google Play Store covering the BlackBerry Hub+ App Suite.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    10-25-19 07:00 PM
    I thought I heard something about the Hub being updated to allow both Android for Work (with appropriate data segregation and privileges) and personal accounts to be combined. Currently it's possible to add Android for Work accounts, but they don't include permissions to access other work resources from the email or calendar links.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-26-19 09:21 AM
    I thought I heard something about the Hub being updated to allow both Android for Work (with appropriate data segregation and privileges) and personal accounts to be combined. Currently it's possible to add Android for Work accounts, but they don't include permissions to access other work resources from the email or calendar links.

This would be amazing. I was recently forced by my employer into a work profile. However, wouldn't the app have to be approved by my IT department? They only allow connections to email through approved apps. How will the Hub bypass this?
    10-26-19 09:25 AM
    This would be amazing. I was recently forced by my employer into a work profile. However, wouldn't the app have to be approved by my IT department? They only allow connections to email through approved apps. How will the Hub bypass this?
    It wouldn't (and shouldn't) bypass those controls. It would just link to the apps that have already been approved at some level by your IT team. Currently, it's possible to add an Android for Work account and send/receive email from the Hub, for example, but it's not possible to access Google Drive or other work resources.

Depending on the level of integration, it could become necessary for your IT team to add the Hub ton the list of approved apps. I wouldn't mind if it meant I could access Google Drive and other resources directly from the Hub.

10-26-19 09:47 AM
    It wouldn't (and shouldn't) bypass those controls. It would just link to the apps that have already been approved at some level by your IT team. Currently, it's possible to add an Android for Work account and send/receive email from the Hub, for example, but it's not possible to access Google Drive or other work resources.

Depending on the level of integration, it could become necessary for your IT team to add the Hub ton the list of approved apps. I wouldn't mind if it meant I could access Google Drive and other resources directly from the Hub.

That's funny. "Add the Hub". They will never do that, particularly for one person out of thousands. I already complained about getting approval for the BlackBerry Contacts app. They don't care, nor should they probably.
    10-26-19 02:12 PM
    That's funny. "Add the Hub". They will never do that, particularly for one person out of thousands. I already complained about getting approval for the BlackBerry Contacts app. They don't care, nor should they probably.
    In your case, that may be true. But, honestly, if that's the IT policy, you shouldn't be using it for work anyway.

10-26-19 03:19 PM
    In your case, that may be true. But, honestly, if that's the IT policy, you shouldn't be using it for work anyway.

So you are saying BlackBerry apps are not sufficient?
    10-26-19 07:49 PM
    So you are saying BlackBerry apps are not sufficient?
    No, I'm saying that it's not the end user's decision what apps are used for employer data. It's the employer IT department who decides.

10-26-19 07:59 PM