It has been quite a while since we featured any concept BlackBerry designs here on the blogs but when we saw the 'BlackBerry Concept' from Albert Degin, we simply had to bring some more attention to it because it looks so amazing!

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    11-24-17 03:00 PM
    I was sooooo waiting for a PKB to slide out couple of seconds into the video

Imo, Blackberry should NOT sell phones w/out a PKB. It is just not right and will not 'sell' either. I have my doubts on the Motion even reaching 10K worldwide, ever.

If it has to be Blackberry - it has to be a 'keyboard'. That's the only thing which sets it apart. There are already a plethora of cool slabs in the market - and competing with them, with tight budget/s, is improbable.

Which is why Blackberry should stick with 'only' three form factors. Longer, wider &/or slider. KeyOne, Passport &/or the Priv. Whatever variants it produces down the line should only be variations of these three.

The 'BlackBerry Concept' is a concept BlackBerry design that looks amazing!-blackberry-keyone-priv-passport.jpg

Stick with just three models, all with PKB, and Blackberry might just have a chance to be relevant again. Three designs, all unique, keeps economies of scale in check - and you have your call.

Ps.: I know BB10 is over. No worries, bring the Passport upto speed with DroidBerry. Keep the actual screen still as 1:1 ~ but squeeze it to 4:3 for 'behaving well' with Android. The rest of the screen real estate could be relegated to other virtual stuff. Just a thought. Do not change the dimensions of any of these phones. KeyOne variants still remain 'long', Passport variants still remain 'wide' and Priv variants still remain 'sliders'.

My 2 cents!
    11-25-17 01:13 AM
    The problem with the minimized bezels is that just handling the phone can open up apps or perform some function such as starting a phone call. It's the one thing I don't like about the curved edges of the Priv, where often I would trigger off an app to start just by picking it up by the edges. I think the issue is over emphasized but I can only see a slight change in the bezel size.

Sorry to say this, but personally, I didn't really see anything outstanding or intriguing with the design of the concept phone but the specs sound nice. Why can't we go back to the power button back on top?
    11-25-17 06:46 AM
    it is ugly on my watch list. nothing special, simplistic without unique feature. espcially, the top/bottom two strips of same size metal colors showed ignorance of the functional design (look at any achitecture, you don't get top heavy or symmetric, top heavy only good for forbidden city construction)... you need something provide you with anchor. Not to my taste. pass... (in practicle, the top/bottom two pieces appear to be weak points, make a dummy prototype and drop few times and see what happen... symmetric design some times is detrimental to mechanical stress propergation...- without knowing intenal structure, just a speculation).
    11-25-17 10:26 AM