This article written in March 2011 predicts the failure of the above strategy.

BlackBerry's PlayBook tablet may face uphill battle - CNN.com
    So did the PlayBook....

Sad thing was there were some developers that bought into the new BlackBerry and offered some PlayBook OS Apps. But they never bothered with BB10.... But in general big developers ignored BlackBerry, and waited for a userbase worth supporting.

I suspect there were some at BlackBerry that new they had a huge problem, but were sticking their heads in the sand and hoping somehow they could kick start things...
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-22-19 03:57 PM
    I remember back when Thorsten Heins made his big New York BlackBerry 10 launch event back in Jan 2013. There was a backdrop of apps behind him at one point, showing how many apps BB10 was going to launch with.

I can't find that photo now - Google Images is failing me - but I recall there were quite a few apps up there that never actually made it. Apparently, Heins ticked off some of those developers off as they hadn't all fully completed deals. Then they saw that screen at the launch, and I recall reading at the time that some of the bigger developers backed out because of that.
    08-22-19 04:44 PM
    HarmonyOS is just an insurance policy. https://9to5google.com/2019/08/22/hu...rmonyos-watch/
    08-22-19 08:22 PM
    1. Assuming BB10 will eventually die , hopefully BB will sell the fantastic keyboard(with Word flick & swipe delete) and HUB to Apple so we can continue to enjoy these functions when we switch.
    2. Anyone know a way to backup/restore with Win 10 since Win 7 will cease to exist?

Many thanks
    08-25-19 11:46 AM
    1. Assuming BB10 will eventually die , hopefully BB will sell the fantastic keyboard(with Word flick & swipe delete) and HUB to Apple so we can continue to enjoy these functions when we switch.
    2. Anyone know a way to backup/restore with Win 10 since Win 7 will cease to exist?

Many thanks
    1) Most of that fantastic keyboard... is licensed from SwifKey. BlackBerry isn't allowed to re-license it.

2) Many using Win 10 have LINK working... But I'd invest in Ultimate Backup.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-26-19 10:08 AM
    SwiftKey is a Microsoft product.
    08-26-19 12:42 PM

Many thanks
    Windows 7 will carry on running just no more support updates
    09-18-19 02:10 AM
382 ... 141516