That's the key
    No pun intended?
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    08-13-19 06:36 PM
    08-13-19 06:38 PM
    Well, as far as Unihertz's item, if the Kickstarter succeeds pretty sure BBL will sue them.

However, there are other reasons to buy Blackberry than a PKB.
    Market doesn't think so....

Bottom line there aren't enough fans to support what they are currently doing. And clearly what they didn't in the past didn't work.
    08-14-19 07:32 AM
    Market doesn't think so....

Bottom line there aren't enough fans to support what they are currently doing. And clearly what they didn't in the past didn't work.
    At the risk of bringing out this so-beaten-to-death-it's-now-a-zombie horse, there is a difference between quality of product and marketing.

The market didn't support Blackberry 10 because of two issues: lack of common apps and marketing of the platform. Both those issues could be remedied.

However, I certainly agree on one point: there are definitely not enough fans to support what Blackberry Mobile is currently doing.
    08-14-19 12:03 PM
    The market didn't support Blackberry 10 because of two issues: lack of common apps and marketing of the platform. Both those issues could be remedied.
    ...in 2008 - and even then it would have required 80% luck.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-14-19 12:24 PM
    At the risk of bringing out this so-beaten-to-death-it's-now-a-zombie horse, there is a difference between quality of product and marketing.

However, I certainly agree on one point: there are definitely not enough fans to support what Blackberry Mobile is currently doing.
    ...currently !
    08-14-19 12:34 PM
    ...in 2008 - and even then it would have required 80% luck.
    You are welcome to whatever imaginative scenarios you wish to believe.
    08-15-19 05:04 AM
    You are welcome to whatever imaginative scenarios you wish to believe.
    True. The only reality we have is that BB10 was a massive commercial failure that almost completely destroyed BlackBerry Ltd.
    08-15-19 09:05 AM
    True. The only reality we have is that BB10 was a massive commercial failure that almost completely destroyed BlackBerry Ltd.
    On the contrary, we have an additional reality: Blackberry Mobile is a massive commercial failure that carriers, retailers, and many users are bailing from left and right.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-15-19 09:12 AM
    On the contrary, we have an additional reality: Blackberry Mobile is a massive commercial failure that carriers, retailers, and many users are bailing from left and right.
    Even if it was true, so what? That's TCL's issue and problem. And since they are Android devices - Oreo will provide many, many years of use for all of its owners.

We were discussing BlackBerry losses - namely the multi-billion dollar excrement which was BB10 (from a business standpoint).
    Last edited by conite; 08-15-19 at 09:32 AM.
    08-15-19 09:19 AM
    How is that contrary? I was talking about BB10 and BlackBerry Ltd. I said nothing about BlackBerry Mobile.
    08-15-19 09:28 AM
    Even if it was true, so what? That's TCL's issue and problem. And since they are Android devices - Oreo will provide many, many years of use for all of its owners.

We were discussing BlackBerry losses - namely the multi-billion dollar excrement which was BB10 (from a business standpoint).
    I suppose people could use unpatched insecure Oreo for many years if they wanted...but that would just exacerbate the inherent Android security issues. Then again they are Android devices as you mention, so that ship has already sailed.

WE were not discussing anything. You brought up your opinion as to Blackberry 10's supposed lack of commercial viability. I was discussing the ways that the mistakes Blackberry Limited made could be overcome.
    08-15-19 09:44 AM
    How is that contrary? I was talking about BB10 and BlackBerry Ltd. I said nothing about BlackBerry Mobile.
    You made a statement concerning "the only reality" we have. My statement is contrary to that by citing an additional reality, thus making your statement not the only reality we have and thus contradicting it, or being made "on the contrary."
    08-15-19 09:45 AM
    You made a statement concerning "the only reality" we have. My statement is contrary to that by citing an additional reality, thus making your statement not the only reality we have and thus contradicting it, or being made "on the contrary."
    A ridiculous semantic argument, as that is outside the scope of my statement, but okay. Let me rephrase.

"The only reality we have regarding BB10 is that it was a massive commercial failure that almost completely destroyed BlackBerry Ltd."
    08-15-19 09:48 AM

They just didn't try hard enough.... BlackBerry should have borrowed a few Billion more and given BB10 a better chance. Billion or two more for refinement of the OS along with migration to 64 Bit, Billion on Marketing, Billion on App Headhunting, 3 - 4 Billion in hardware subsidies. Boom, they could have carved out an easy 1% marketshare!

Not sure how or when they would ever convert that to a positive.... but what would that matter?
    08-15-19 09:54 AM
    They just didn't try hard enough.... BlackBerry should have borrowed a few Billion more and given BB10 a better chance. Billion or two more for refinement of the OS along with migration to 64 Bit, Billion on Marketing, Billion on App Headhunting, 3 - 4 Billion in hardware subsidies. Boom, they could have carved out an easy 1% marketshare!

Not sure how or when they would ever convert that to a positive.... but what would that matter?
    Yep. All they needed was the resources that Microsoft had. Afterall, look how well Windows Phone turned out...

app_Developer likes this.
    08-15-19 10:17 AM
    2+2=4. Yet another unrelated reality with regards to the post that spawned this specific line of discussion.
    08-15-19 10:27 AM
    2+2=4. Yet another unrelated reality with regards to the post that spawned this specific line of discussion.
    I think somehow he thinks that two negative will transformer the first number back into a positive number.
    08-15-19 11:01 AM
    2+2=4.
    "You are welcome to whatever imaginative scenarios you wish to believe."

Sorry... had to do that.
    conite and Mecca EL like this.
    08-15-19 12:11 PM

You joke, but if they'd offered $1000 in cash to everyone who accepted a free phone and used it for a year (total cost $1600 per user), they could have acquired 100 million users for the meagre sum of $160 Billion.

Then, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

:-D

Posted with my trusty Z10
    john_v likes this.
    08-15-19 04:26 PM
    You joke, but if they'd offered $1000 in cash to everyone who accepted a free phone and used it for a year (total cost $1600 per user), they could have acquired 100 million users for the meagre sum of $160 Billion.

Then, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

:-D

Posted with my trusty Z10
    And for just an extra $650B you can super size that to over a billion users and get a free x-large advertising business in a commemorative cup!
    08-15-19 06:02 PM
    A ridiculous semantic argument, as that is outside the scope of my statement, but okay. Let me rephrase.

"The only reality we have regarding BB10 is that it was a massive commercial failure that almost completely destroyed BlackBerry Ltd."
    On the contrary, we have an additional reality: BB10 is and was the best mobile OS for privacy and security ever made but faced marketing and native app gap problems which caused trouble for it in the market.
    08-15-19 06:59 PM
    2+2 does indeed equal 4, but it seems that many on these forums continue to want it to equal 5.

It's good however for people to at least acknowledge certain aspects of true reality, even if they deny others.
    08-15-19 07:02 PM
    "You are welcome to whatever imaginative scenarios you wish to believe."

Sorry... had to do that.
    I'm glad that Crackberry is indeed a welcoming place for different opinions as those who I've referred to as the anti-BB10 crowd keep saying. It's good to feel so welcome.

Sorry...had to do that.
    08-15-19 07:04 PM
    On the contrary, we have an additional reality: BB10 is and was the best mobile OS for privacy and security ever made but faced marketing and native app gap problems which caused trouble for it in the market.
    Most people don't care about the OS... they care about what a phone can do.

Yes BB10 had a lot of potential and I think would have been a better solution than Android or iOS.... but we are talking about five/six years ago. 2014 was BB10's prime - had the APK capability added, Android Runtime was still fully supported, Cobalt's Store gave us a good portion of Play Apps (but never all), stable 10.2 was released and we had regular updates most of the year.
    goku_vegeta and the_boon like this.
    08-16-19 08:54 AM
382 ... 1213141516