For months now there have been some unreleased BlackBerry smartphones popping up all over the internet be it on Geekbench, through configuration files and even in European device registration databases. Let's take a closer look at the details!

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    02-16-18 10:00 AM
    Athena will be the phone to look for to upgrade from the KEYᵒⁿᵉ or anyone still on the Passport or classic. With a slightly larger keyboard for easier typing it's should please.
    I like how reports indicate that they moved the numbers huddled to the left to the top row of keys so that it's easier to smash them while holding down the ALT key.
    02-17-18 07:52 AM
    Battery will still likely be a 3500mAh

Posted via CB10
    02-17-18 07:56 AM
    Do you think will get a peek of the device at MWC?
    02-17-18 08:28 AM
    Athena will be the phone to look for to upgrade from the KEYᵒⁿᵉ or anyone still on the Passport or classic. With a slightly larger keyboard for easier typing it's should please.
    I like how reports indicate that they moved the numbers huddled to the left to the top row of keys so that it's easier to smash them while holding down the ALT key.
    Personally I am not opening up to the idea of the number row at the top.
    I believe there would be more travel when simply typing numbers.
    Whether it be a computer keyboard or a BlackBerry, I think I like the present implementation than the top row. I specifically use an external keyboard on my laptop to the have numbers on the side in the grid format.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    ardakca likes this.
    02-17-18 10:10 AM
    Personally I am not opening up to the idea of the number row at the top.
    I believe there would be more travel when simply typing numbers.
    Whether it be a computer keyboard or a BlackBerry, I think I like the present implementation than the top row. I specifically use an external keyboard on my laptop to the have numbers on the side in the grid format.

I understand your point but at the same time there were some critiques in how it was difficult to hit the numbers directly adjacent to the ATL button, at least it was for me. Perhaps with new designs, it will bring new realizations and discoveries in how best to improve
    02-17-18 10:39 AM
    I understand your point but at the same time there were some critiques in how it was difficult to hit the numbers directly adjacent to the ATL button, at least it was for me. Perhaps with new designs, it will bring new realizations and discoveries in how best to improve
    I think a bigger keyboard and passport/classic styled keys will solve the alt problem more or less.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-17-18 12:01 PM
    I have to give TCL credit. They are doing a great job keeping photo leaks of the devices under wraps.
    02-18-18 08:44 AM
    I have to give TCL credit. They are doing a great job keeping photo leaks of the devices under wraps.
    Absolutely second that. Even though I would like to see some leaks

02-18-18 09:19 AM
    All BlackBerry keyboards have been this way since the dawn of time (except for the Passport, which didn't have ANY). Not sure what the sudden problem is.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    02-18-18 04:16 PM
    All BlackBerry keyboards have been this way since the dawn of time (except for the Passport, which didn't have ANY). Not sure what the sudden problem is.
    I know that's true, but it's funny that, with the KEYone being my first PKB with the old keyboard layout since 2013, I've been struggling with the Alt key + number combinations in a way I never remember doing on the old 9xxx BlackBerry devices.

But I dearly love having BOTH the PKB and VKB available on the KEYone. What I love most is that the balance of the device is perfect when using the VKB above the PKB for long typing sessions.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-18-18 05:14 PM
    Sudden problem falls into play when we have moved to larger phones by more than double the size in some cases and lots more room. Sudden problem when these phones all had us move to tapping glass with more room. Sudden problem when you create a physical keyboard that takes us back to 2003 and we have to try and reprogram our minds around more constrained space then accustomed to. I think that would be the sudden problem....And why should we go back to that when we can easily design things bigger and better?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-18 05:19 PM
    Probably to do with the aspect ratio on Android due to which the keys are considerably smaller than the older BlackBerry keyboards. Compared to the classic, the KEYᴼᴺᴱ's keys are smaller and not so ridged either because of the swipe functionality.

02-18-18 07:03 PM
    Problem comes when people gets the better one and start feeling better. Classic keyboard and then passport keyboard. One reason I am still not cent percent happy with keyone is its small keys. And number +punctuation input are much much much better in passport. Am widely looking towards next launch with bigger keys and wider screen !
    02-19-18 06:03 AM
    Sudden problem falls into play when we have moved to larger phones by more than double the size in some cases and lots more room. Sudden problem when these phones all had us move to tapping glass with more room. Sudden problem when you create a physical keyboard that takes us back to 2003 and we have to try and reprogram our minds around more constrained space then accustomed to. I think that would be the sudden problem....And why should we go back to that when we can easily design things bigger and better?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.
    02-19-18 06:46 PM
    If a slider phone comes.. Priv 2 or Uni...

A device with dual-sim slots in it, that would be awesome and fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-18 10:02 AM
    Sliders are probably not planned and dual sim only in select markets if carriers don't object.
    02-23-18 04:21 PM
    Sliders can be a manufacturing nightmare and easily undercut revenue due to return and repairs. When I saw the Priv design when it first launch I did a face plant

Posted via CB10
    02-23-18 07:58 PM
    For an idea of the width of the new phone coming in April, the rep I spoke to placed his KEYᵒⁿᵉ on top of my Passport to one side. He then placed his finger in the center of the space difference left to one side and said you are roughly looking at this much more width.

With that info I am remaining optimistic that the new keyboard will be a Passport style keyboard given the extra room they will need extra height.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 10:34 AM