With plenty of rumors about a BlackBerry all touch device slated for later this year, we're taking to the community and asking, what matters most to you in a BlackBerry all touch smartphone?

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    09-01-17 07:00 PM
    LOL I like how they left removable batteries off of that list. ๐Ÿ™„
    09-03-17 07:58 PM
    Not to mention speakers and sound quality.
    09-04-17 12:22 AM
    LOL I like how they left removable batteries off of that list. ๐Ÿ™„
    With the LG V20 being the last "flagship" phone available with a removable battery. I presume most phones going forward will have built in batteries. Even BlackBerry haven't made a removable battery device in years. I think the last was the Z30.

If they make the batteries big and have quick charging, I don't think it matters that much.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    09-04-17 03:10 PM
    Z30 battery is not removable... not by design I believe...
    09-04-17 08:09 PM
    The Z10 was the last.
    09-04-17 08:14 PM
    With the LG V20 being the last "flagship" phone available with a removable battery. I presume most phones going forward will have built in batteries. Even BlackBerry haven't made a removable battery device in years. I think the last was the Z30.

If they make the batteries big and have quick charging, I don't think it matters that much.

To me, it does not matter how big they make them or fast they can charge. They should just make them user-serviceable since they are the fastest component to wear out. And then there's also the fact that non-removable batteries swell after a while.
    09-06-17 01:06 PM
    Z30 battery is not removable... not by design I believe...
    You are correct.

The Z10 was the last.
    If you meant last all-touch device, you're right, but the true last BlackBerry device to have a removable battery was the BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9983. ๐Ÿ˜œ
    09-06-17 01:11 PM
    removable battery susceptible to counterfeit... (BB battery got smarts in it to prevent overheat and over charge... counterfeit can damage your device). Especially, those sell on the asia train extra capacity batteries... some of the counterfeit got external outline fit the cavity, but recessed in battery contact location or thin gold plating on contact, resulted intermittent fault...)... Internal battery eliminated all those concerns... (more in 3rd world region. whereas a 15.00 battery is a lot of money for those folks, many don't see the danger as outlined in this tread and dotted on the CB once a while...like3 month or so...someone will jump out want a removable battery)... IMHO.
    09-06-17 03:53 PM
    To me, it does not matter how big they make them or fast they can charge. They should just make them user-serviceable since they are the fastest component to wear out. And then there's also the fact that non-removable batteries swell after a while.
    Yeah, I do wish we could still have removable batteries because once the battery goes, I then have to replace the phone even if the other hardware is perfect.

Who knows, maybe in the future we can have like sold state batteries that last much longer and don't degrade after 2 years.

09-07-17 09:18 PM