The trailer for the new BLACKBERRY movie is here and it's looking the like the movie will definitely be worth watching!

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    towngirl likes this.
    03-15-23 08:12 PM
    Thanks CrackBerry for reporting on this! I would have never learned about the upcoming movie otherwise. I read your article and just look this up on IMDb and it looks like it’s going to be great.

Can’t wait for this movie to come out! There’s a lot of great talent producing independent movies like this out there. I am sure this will be an entertaining and educational flick.

I doubt I will be going to any actual movie theatre to watch this. I’m sure it will be available for streaming on some outlet soon enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-15-23 09:24 PM
    I'm only watching it if the whole movie was shot on a KEY2

/s

In all fairness, the trailer does seem a bit low budgety, and I doubt there's gonna be a part about the TCLBerry's towards the end, but probably worth a watch anyway.

Sent from a slab for now
    03-19-23 06:29 AM

/s

In all fairness, the trailer does seem a bit low budgety, and I doubt there's gonna be a part about the TCLBerry's towards the end, but probably worth a watch anyway.

Sent from a slab for now
    Sounds perfect for a film about BB.
    03-19-23 10:33 AM
    I was fortunate to see BlackBerry, an upcoming movie about the phone brand of the same name when it premiered at SXSW Film Festival in Austin on March 13.
    The film stars Jay Baruchel (probably best known for his role as Hiccup in the How To Train Your Dragon series), Glenn Howerton (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia), and Matt Johnson, who co-directed the project.
    The film's content will cover how the phone keyboard became a successful business communication device and how it ultimately failed to the smartphone.
    BlackBerry will be released in US theaters on May 12. A must see film for all we Blackberry Fans. Long Live the legacy our Beloved Keyboard Phone.
    04-03-23 12:13 AM

/s

Sent from a slab for now
    Yeah I think the story is more about the "players" that started the company.... most all were gone long before the TCL deal.

I don't see anyone playing John Chen....
    04-03-23 08:00 AM
    I think there was mention of the story ending in 2007 as the first iPhone was being announced.
    04-03-23 08:30 AM
    I think there was mention of the story ending in 2007 as the first iPhone was being announced.
    Certainly would be a fitting end to a movie about BB devices, lol.
    04-03-23 08:57 AM
    Certainly would be a fitting end to a movie about BB devices, lol.
    I think many of the players, other than Mike and Jim were gone by that point too. Think Fregin left in 2007.

I know that wasn't the end of the story, and likly still a lot of drama between those two egos and their many new interest. But I don't think it would be as entertaining as the early years. (unless you love hockey?)

Now Fregin and Mike did file a 13D with the SEC after BlackBerry's Board of Directors formed a Special Committee to explore strategic alternatives (we are for sale) back in 2013. That might be some drama that would have been nice to know what went on.
    04-03-23 09:44 AM