While consumers in India have loaded up on the BlackBerry Z10, there's a new deal now rolling that will bring some more attention to the BlackBerry Z30. BlackBerry customers looking to pick one up will be able to take advantage of the offer across all retail networks in India. So what's the deal? Sameer Bhatia, Director � Distribution, BlackBerry India has laid it out.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    06-20-14 01:12 PM
    i dont see how 29000rs pricing will help the sales.truth is there is barely any advertising for blackberry.i follow the launch of mobiles carefully no matter what company and for blackberry i dont see any ads on tv/news paper.sometimes there will be a small news in the inside pages ,one or two lines saying so and so blackberry phone launched...and most of the lauch pricing are laughably expensive.z10 launched for 40000+rs.the inventory piled up and they had to reduce the price to rs17000! one of the most drastic price fall i ever noted here..and with the non existent advertising people dont really know much about the features and availability of these phones.
    rs 29000 is not a competitive pricing for this mobile.the latest nexus phone is available at same price i think..that has a snapdragon 800 and a full hd display with latest android and much better ecosystem support.and there are countless chinese android phones available at this price point and much less which dont really have the after sales support but still has good sales due to the initial value for money.there is an alcatel phone with full hd display available at rs16000! and gionee phones at rs 20000 range.and moto x is available at rs.23000.and the old iphone 4s is available in that rs 25000price range..

what im saying is its cut throat competition at that price point.majority people prefer android due to the options and widespread availability and ofcourse "apps". with insane launch prices and non existent marketing blackberry is doing themselves no favor.i like comparing prices of various launced mobile models and i often baulk at bb launch prices..{only exception is rumored price of z3}.

if they dont want to repeat the inventory pile up again ,they have to price it competitively like motorola does..make people aware of the strong advantages of bb10 over android.
    believe me high launch prices doesnt help..it just turns the customers away...even high end nokia windows phones,doesnt move much despite the heavy advertising ,and the good will nokia have in india.most of the movement in windows phone is in the lower segment
    06-20-14 02:49 PM
    There are so many Windows phones, and it sometimes gets a bit confusing. Not even Nokia's own webpage lists specs completely and consistently in their comparison feature.

The lower end ones do nearly as much as the high-end ones, if it's not about the camera, just general smartphone use.

One obvious reason the cheaper ones are selling...

Pasted via CB chen
    06-21-14 08:34 PM