QNX has now announced a new milestone for the subsidiary of BlackBerry Limited. It now has more than 50 percent market share with its software having now been deployed in the infotainment and telematics systems of more than 50 million vehicles, including brands such as Acura, Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Toyota, and Volkswagen and if that wasn't good enough news, a new report coming from IHS Automotive names QNX Software Systems as the market leader in infotainment software.
    "QNX Software Systems is the clear leader in automotive software, specifically for infotainment, and is forecasted to remain the leader for years to come � growing from more than 16 million units in 2013 to 56 million in 2020," said Egil Juliussen, director of research, infotainment and ADAS, IHS Automotive.
    In total, more than 40 automotive OEMs now use QNX software, including the QNX Neutrino OS, the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment, and QNX acoustics middleware, for their head units, handsfree systems, connectivity modules, and digital instrument clusters. The 2015 year examples alone will include the virtual cockpit in the Audi TT, the entertainment system in the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe, and the new OnStar 4G LTE system for GM vehicles � a range of systems that reflects the sheer flexibility and scalability of QNX technology.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    01-05-15 09:51 AM