Shocking, right? Who would have thought? BlackBerry users love BlackBerry 10 and don't want an Android-based BlackBerry. Truthfully, I was playing devil's advocate a bit in asking the question because I entirely expected the majority to flat out tell me I was crazy for asking and proceed to reach for their pitchforks. But, that never happened aside from the odd 'what a dumb question' comment.
    Instead, you fine folks actually discussed the merits and pitfalls of such a change and what it would all mean to BlackBerry and their customer base, which was pretty awesome to watch unfold as the poll is now over 790 plus comments deep with over 11,000 votes accounted for. Let's take a look at the poll results and some of the comments left.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    06-17-15 03:22 PM
    Five years ago the majority of CrackBerry readers wouldn't install a Android based app either....
    06-17-15 03:51 PM
    It's going to happen sooner or later.

Get over it.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    06-17-15 04:24 PM
    If I wanted an Android phone, I'd buy an Android phone.

Don't care for and don't use Android aps. I guess I'm just one of the few who like the BB10 OS and who don't need all the apps the Android system has.

So no...If BlackBerry makes an Android phone I won't be buying it. I don't need to "get over" anything.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-17-15 04:32 PM
    "The majority of CrackBerry readers wouldn't buy an Android-based BlackBerry"

That's right, I'd buy a Note 4 for an android experience.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-17-15 04:38 PM