The rumors continue about the BlackBerry Venice. This time around we have a render of what is said to be BlackBerry's upcoming slider phone, running a full version of Android. Recently it was rumored that this device would be headed to AT&T, which wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    07-03-15 09:22 AM
    Leaked render shows off the BlackBerry Venice and all of its Android glory-dsc_0047.jpg

I just don't know about that form factor :S It's been tried before, although not on Android... It wasn't popular then and I can't see it becoming popular now, with or without android.

plus if passport is the current "flagship", it's specs are pretty weak compared to android flagships. Does blackberry really plan to make a "flagship" android phone when it doesn't have the leverage it needs to spec out the phone?
    07-03-15 08:35 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0047.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	294.6 KB 
ID:	360805

I just don't know about that form factor :S It's been tried before, although not on Android... It wasn't popular then and I can't see it becoming popular now, with or without android.

plus if passport is the current "flagship", it's specs are pretty weak compared to android flagships. Does blackberry really plan to make a "flagship" android phone when it doesn't have the leverage it needs to spec out the phone?
    This was one of my favorite phones ever made BECAUSE of that form factor. Plus it was back when Windows Phone was fun enough to use where shortcomings were easy to overlook. There are plenty of people that appreciate a portrait slider style because you can easily use the on-screen keyboard if you don't feel like simply sliding the screen up. It's comfortable and versatile. It's ridiculous to be so critical about specifications when it's nothing but a goofy arms race of sorts at this point. The hardware of the Passport can easily operate Android smoothly, and there's no doubt that BlackBerry will know what they're doing when pairing components with software. Especially with as many eyes on them as there are over this model.
    08-21-15 10:57 PM