Banking information. Mortgage payment history. Your important documents. Nearly all of your life is online these days, and while convenient that can be scary.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    07-12-18 11:10 AM
    I've tried several times to comment on these deals but 99% of the time the app will allow me to write anything but when I hit post it says that I can't!

I just found this area which seems to be where you go to comment, so I'll Try it.

I have seen many of these deals for "Lifetime" VPN service. I don't understand how they are monetized. If I buy the three year promotion from Nord, I pay them $99, so that's how they make a profit. But the lifetime service for less than half of that makes me ask where the company will make any profits? The entire reason for using a VPN is to keep my ISP or others from selling all of the information their data mining can scrape from my browsing, emails etc.

I don't see any mention of my being shown advertising as my "payment" for the service. In today's world, if you aren't paying for a product it means that YOU are the product being sold...

So am I missing something here? Or just trading one data miner for another?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    Last edited by scubafan; 07-13-18 at 06:12 PM.
    07-13-18 06:01 PM
    No comments at all?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    07-17-18 05:31 AM