If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you've been seeing some of my updates as I put the BlackBerry-esque Typo keyboard for the iPhone to the test. Now it's time for a bigger update to the in-depth Typo review I posted previously.
    In that review I noted that the build quality felt a little on the cheap side and that durability was something I had concerns about. It didn't take long for me to run into an issue. Less than 72 hours of use later (and that was really at 50% use as I've been dual-wheeling the Typo and my P'9982 all week), the E button quit working reliably on the Typo. You can see the evidence in the Instagram video below. Sometimes it still works, but more often than not it doesn't register a click.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    01-12-14 06:20 PM
    I mean that thing looks exactly like a BlackBerry keyboard ...lol. They didn't even attempt to disguise the fact. Reminds me of back in the cold war days when the Soviet space shuttle came out a few years after ours. Damn thing looked almost identical.

Z10
    01-12-14 06:57 PM
    I swear if BlackBerry doesn't win the law suit I'm going to be super pissed!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    01-12-14 11:53 PM
    this may not be the right place and I don't know anything about patents, but can typo claim no harm no foul on patent infridgement since the keyboard is slightly different with the key layout? (bottom row, money sign in different place, % symbol, etc). Of course its similar and a copy, but do minor changes esentially create a new product?

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    01-13-14 12:15 AM
    It looks like BlackBerry has the best lawyers working on this. I would be shocked if they didn't win. Anything can happen though. Look at OJ.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 12:52 AM
    Interesting this thread has gotten off track about copyrights. There are tons of threads in this already. To the OPS point it is very interesting that within 72 hours he is having a problem.

For me it is simple. If you want quality buy BBRY, if not buy Seacrest.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 01:32 PM