So I am known as Mr BB in Tennessee where I am from. I took my family to Niagara and now we are in Toronto. My wife told me if I didn't seize this opportunity to see the place that created my addictioni would hate myself later.

So here lies my question... do I just show up and knock on the front door and say "hey Mr BB TN here" and expect a big welcome party. what's the protocol... even if I just take a pic with receptionist in front of some signage.

Donnie.
    93Aero likes this.
    05-28-14 01:57 PM
    LOL, might have to report your thread to get noticed. Report button isn't just for bad things...
    05-28-14 02:35 PM
    So I am known as Mr BB in Tennessee where I am from. I took my family to Niagara and now we are in Toronto. My wife told me if I didn't seize this opportunity to see the place that created my addictioni would hate myself later.

So here lies my question... do I just show up and knock on the front door and say "hey Mr BB TN here" and expect a big welcome party. what's the protocol... even if I just take a pic with receptionist in front of some signage.

Donnie.
    Once you get back to TN hit me up...Brentwood/Cool Spring area bro...
    05-28-14 02:44 PM
    Go on the corporate website and look for the PR department . Check the press releases for a poc. Politely contact the poc and explain that you would like to see the company offices. Go for it. Oh, and they have a company event planned for the Canadian Grand Prix the weekend of June 8th. If you are lucky........

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 02:52 PM
    I was wondering how all that turned out.
    06-05-14 01:26 PM
    Heard from a source that John Chen himself caught OP using leaked firmware and was taken into custody at the BlackBerry HQ

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 02:50 PM
    Lol. Chen the Terminator. So if you are caught using or issuing a leak on your BlackBerry he will stomp you into....(wait for it)...jam.
    06-05-14 04:00 PM
    OK. So I forgot to post about my visit.

We ended up finding a BlackBerry building on Univ Ave and met some nice guys out in the parking lot. They told me there was a store at the main campus so I took my pic with them and then headed over. The campus looked very impressive with tall bldgs and lots of signs. We found the employee store so I went in the lady told me I had to be an employee to buy stuff so I talked the front desk lady to scan her card so could buy some goodies. Spent $100 or so and was then on my way. Everything was so cheap there....good deals for sure.

All in all a good experience but would have been nicer if I could have gotten. A tour or something.
    Headed to corp-img_20140529_100615.jpg

Posted via CB10
    93Aero and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    06-26-14 12:54 PM
    This was a very cool story OP I enjoyed reading it and the outcome!
    Glad you got to visit and purchase some items.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 93Aero; 06-26-14 at 04:32 PM.
    06-26-14 03:04 PM
    What did you buy exactly...
    06-26-14 03:08 PM
    This.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    06-27-14 03:35 PM
    I just got a bunch of knick nacks with BB on it. ie...chapstick, tshirt, hat, pens, stickers, etc
    08-08-14 11:29 AM
    OK. So I forgot to post about my visit.

We ended up finding a BlackBerry building on Univ Ave and met some nice guys out in the parking lot. They told me there was a store at the main campus so I took my pic with them and then headed over. The campus looked very impressive with tall bldgs and lots of signs. We found the employee store so I went in the lady told me I had to be an employee to buy stuff so I talked the front desk lady to scan her card so could buy some goodies. Spent $100 or so and was then on my way. Everything was so cheap there....good deals for sure.

All in all a good experience but would have been nicer if I could have gotten. A tour or something.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140529_100615.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	280753

Posted via CB10
    Mercedes-Benz in the Stuttgart area do an awesome tour through their factory, Audi does it too.

Yeah, VW has made a whole theme park out of it, "Autostadt" Wolfsburg ("Car City")...

Sure, automobile factories with those welding robots and automatic spray guns are more impressive than phones, and those Germans have really nailed it with their factory tours...

Also, there is a Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart, and a Porsche Museum. Worth a look for any auto fan.

BlackBerry / Smartphone Museum... ? :-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-04-14 03:10 PM
    This.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    No leaking of info here.... :-)
    Chen would have to, ahem, you know...

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-04-14 03:13 PM