Rumor has it that someone once said that nothing creative has ever come out of BlackBerry. I think several people around the CrackBerry community would disagree with that, and in fact take offense to such a statement. As such, this is the perfect time to launch our latest ongoing contest! Those of you with a BlackBerry Z10 or a developer unit have surely had the opportunity by now to explore the new app Story Maker. If not, you're going to want to get familiar with it soon because to enter this contest you need to show us your best Story Maker creation!

After you have created a video with Story Maker, embed the video into this thread. You can upload it to Youtube and keep it unlisted if you like, and delete it after the contest, but in order to enter the contest the video needs to be embedded in the thread. Feel free to give us some background information about your video, and be as creative as you like with it. It would be extra cool if all of the pictures/video you use were taken with your BlackBerry 10 device as well, but it's not a requirement.

As mentioned, we're going to make this an ongoing contest so more people have a chance to win, and so that those of you waiting for the BlackBerry Q10 also have a chance to enter. For the first contest, we aren't setting a theme, though future contests will have themes to make it more interesting. Everyone is eligible to enter, but please keep it to one entry per contest. Also, please remember this is a family friendly site, so keep it clean.

And yes, contests have prizes! So what are these prizes, you ask? We're thinking along the lines of fantastic CrackBerry swag, gift certificates to ShopCrackBerry, and whatever else we have laying around to throw in from time to time. Need some tips to help you get started? Check out the links below for more info on Story Maker and uploading your videos to Youtube. And most important, have fun!

How to create a video using Story Maker on BlackBerry 10
    How to upload videos directly to YouTube on BlackBerry 10
    04-24-13 01:40 AM
    After a long time of rehabillitation because of a knee injure, my little brother played his first soccer match since 18 months. I shot a few video's and created a "story" of only the inactive parts.

Enjoy!

Last edited by neorejalist; 04-24-13 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Added the video in a wrong way
    04-24-13 08:43 AM

Fifty Years of Love
    I made this the very first day I got my Z10. I was so excited about using Story Maker so used media from my SD card. ( All photographs and video were taken a year esrlier at my parents surprise 50th Wedding Anniversary). I've made other, more professional looking Story Maker videos using media from my Z10 but this one remains my favourite because it was my first effort and was made for my beautiful parents who have taught me so much about love.

Posted via CB10
    disneynorth and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    04-24-13 08:50 AM

A baby video of all the babies in my life right now.

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 likes this.
    04-24-13 08:53 AM
    I literally put this story together in 5 minutes after being bored one day and trying the story maker app for the very first time. Incredibly easy to use.

This story encompasses the first year of life of our daughter. Some but not all pics were taken by the Z10.

When I showed my wife, I had her in tears.

Then posted it on Facebook to many accolades. Needless to say, I proudly pointed out that I made this vid entirely with my Z10.

(now that I am more familiar with story maker, I know to edit the pics a little better, but for a first effort, it's ok)

Enjoy,

Posted from my Z10
    ezapper2 likes this.
    04-24-13 08:53 AM
    So this was my first attempt at story maker used with photos from my Z10 that I took at the NY autoshow, I hope you like it!
    Song Credit Tim McGraw - Two Lanes of Freedom
    04-24-13 09:21 AM
    Will be submitting but I just want to say this is an awesome idea by the c rack berry team to show just how creative the BlackBerry community can be, especially using their new BB10 devices! So far the few videos posted are fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    04-24-13 09:31 AM
    I had a ton of random clips of my kids and dog Emma on my bold 9700 that I put in my video folder of my Z10 and didn't know what to do with them until I tried story maker
    I made this video and all my family and anyone that sees it loves it
    It has to be viewed in desktop mode because of the song I have chosen for it plus my family and friends say I should be a director the way this got put together, you be the judge

Enjoy

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Doughtt; 04-24-13 at 02:01 PM.
    04-24-13 09:32 AM
    Needs no description. Love, family, kids, & football. Too sweet to even describe.

ezapper2 and dan d like this.
    04-24-13 09:40 AM

Great Wolf Lodge. Mix of video and stills from Z10, Anything wet was from a Kodak Playsport that died on the trip . Music is Stella and Sam

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:07 AM
    This Easter, we got a couple of kids to come over to do a couple of fun activities with my daughter at our place and here is a nice summary of what we did on that day.

All pictures and videos were shot with the Z10. In my amazement, I barely had to do any tweaks, I just added a bit of length to the Easter egg hunting section and split the egg spinning into two sections and that's about it. Story Maker is an excellent app!

04-24-13 10:19 AM

A tribute to my City...
    04-24-13 10:44 AM
    Well, my one and only attempt thus far...

Please forgive me, I am not responsible for the views or actions of those (my mates) in the video.

FYI nsfw

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:45 AM
    BlackBerry launch event in Germany with Thorsten Heinz! My chair was behind Thorsten!
    I forgot to say that's taken with a Dev Alpha B with a leaked Z10 OS

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos#/watch?v=dMgMd-40pEo

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by FunkyDread; 04-24-13 at 06:25 PM.
    04-24-13 11:01 AM
    Another storymaker video!
    Check out BlackBerryBeatz

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos#/watch?v=3kgnk-v7ksQ

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:02 AM
    my friend and i were on vacation early this year so i tried my best to edit the picture and put it all together to make a video. I felt so excited to use the app and became the first video ive uploaded to YouTube. location Pulau Perhentian - Malaysia.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:08 AM
    http://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id...rer=watch&ns=1

Made my story soon after buy my BlackBerry Z10. Installed my old micro sd card from my BlackBerry Torch. And whola! Done in about 10 minutes!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kari_fugere; 04-24-13 at 12:22 PM.
    04-24-13 12:08 PM
    Enjoy my randomness in the city of Los Angeles. All pictures taken with the Z10 and Music by Milo Greene

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:26 PM

Just a short clip of my baby girl dancing. I'm in the hospital right now so this was a great way to kill a few minutes, thanks CB

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-24-13 12:28 PM
    My Brother and I got a chance to experience a one in a lifetime chance to attend Wrestlemania 29!! 80k plus ppl in attendance!! We had nose bleed seats but it was worth it!!! *warning* some foul language in this video lol

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:07 PM
    Here is a Video I made from screenshots from my BB10 Cascades Application:

Enjoy!
    Last edited by ashworth; 04-24-13 at 01:27 PM.
    04-24-13 01:17 PM

Here's my entire. My 3 and 6 year olds.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:53 PM
    Video with the Harlem Shake and my cousin. Lets do this and make it a great contest. Thanks for putting this together.

04-24-13 03:47 PM
    Generation Wild party in Prague, shot and edited completely on BlackBerry Z10 using the Story Maker

FunkyDread likes this.
    04-24-13 05:39 PM
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?client=mv...&v=QEm2QmJvEvU

This is the video I made. A trip to Amritsar, India-Pakistan border in Punjab.

This is the only time and first time I tried my hands at story maker. Pictures taken by BlackBerry 9810.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:46 PM
82 123 ...