01-22-15 11:22 AM
    I've had mine since October. I knew it was a risky device with an unusual form-factor, and for my own sake I'm pleased to report the risk paid off.

First, the performance is excellent. Animations are smooth, apps launch and run well, and that display is amazing. The square display looks like a gimmick, but the width makes reading much easier. This is absolutely the best handheld device I've ever used for handling documents.

I've really come to like the overall design, pointy corners and all. Not long after getting my Passport I attended a meeting in a dimly-lit room. The phone sat on the table in front of me, the lock screen occasionally glowing when new messages arrived, and I was struck with how elegant the device is overall.

The touch-enabled keyboard is brilliant. I particularly like being able to turn the device sideways and use the keyboard as a vertical scroller; yet another stellar document-handling feature.

I don't think the Passport is for everyone. The width demands two-handed use much of the time and I had to rethink my "pocketing" habits. For me, though, it's been better than I expected.
    01-22-15 11:52 AM