Capping off an emotional week as legacy BlackBerry phones went End of Life, we dusted off and fired up the CrackBerry Podast machine on Saturday to bid farewell and mark the end of the BlackBerry Smartphone Era. Joining me are special guests Bla1ze, James Nieves and MrMobile!

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    01-10-22 01:22 PM
    Was a little rusty -- haven't recorded since August 2020 -- but this was fun to do!

Now to think about the format for CRACKBERRY 2.0 shows. Going to be different.

Maybe should do series on THE MAKING OF CRACKBERRY 2.0... before we actually launch CrackBerry 2.0 Hmm.....
    bakron1 and savvy_cowgirl like this.
    01-10-22 01:38 PM
    Was a little rusty -- haven't recorded since August 2020 -- but this was fun to do!

Maybe should do series on THE MAKING OF CRACKBERRY 2.0... before we actually launch CrackBerry 2.0 Hmm.....
    Couple things you guys didn't consider with regards to any hope of success with either an OM device or a CrackBerry device:

Updates and security patches. With Samsung, Google, and Apple offering 4, 5, and 6 years respectively very few people will accept anything less. The cost of that is enormous - particularly for boutique-level quantities.

The 3 aforementioned companies are also the only ones with high-level security credentials (like NIAP). No matter how good the pkb phones are, they are already dead in the water in enterprise. No one can compete with Knox, Titan M2, and iOS.

So where does that leave OM or CrackBerry? A Kickstarter-level market size (entirely consumer), along with massive per unit ongoing support costs - which can only be covered by a hefty subscription fee.
    Last edited by conite; 01-10-22 at 06:35 PM.
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    01-10-22 06:22 PM
    Couple things you guys didn't consider with regards to any hope of success with either an OM device or a CrackBerry device:

Updates and security patches. With Samsung, Google, and Apple offering 4, 5, and 6 years respectively very few people will accept anything less. The cost of that is enormous - particularly for boutique-level quantities.

The 3 aforementioned companies are also the only ones with high-level security credentials (like NIAP). No matter how good the pkb phones are, they are already dead in the water in enterprise. No one can compete with iOS, Titan M2, and Knox.
    Ya know, all this negative talk will keep CBK from developing a crowdsourced Android CB PKB device. You must only think happy-go-lucky thoughts and blow rainbow unicorn smoke from your nether regions
    diegonei likes this.
    01-10-22 06:27 PM
    Ya know, all this negative talk will keep CBK from developing a crowdsourced Android CB PKB device. You must only think happy-go-lucky thoughts and blow rainbow unicorn smoke from your nether regions
    I'm being paid by Samsung to keep the CBK9000 from taking over the world.
    01-10-22 06:28 PM
    That revelation should be covered by some of the social media as I now believe this explains your previous OM sabotage and suppression campaign.
    pdr733 likes this.
    01-10-22 06:35 PM
    01-10-22 08:33 PM

I am excited about the future of Crackberry, I have been battling a cold, so I only listened to half of the podcast and will listen to the rest of it today. So far it’s been interesting and entertaining.
    01-11-22 05:09 AM
    I am excited about the possibility of an OM or a CB pkb device!
    01-21-22 06:06 PM