Lately I've been feeling like there isn't much exciting going on in the world of BlackBerry. We're basically waiting until November to see if BES traction is as good as the company says it will be, and hoping to see BlackBerry get back to profitability.
    That's why last week's announcement of Project Ion was somewhat exciting to me. Don't get me wrong - I think the press release said practically nothing. It's all too common in technology land for fancy press releases to be filled with vague-speak. BlackBerry announced a project, not a product. They are not anywhere close to the same thing.
    I have a lot of questions running through my mind. Who's leading the project and what experience does he or she have? How does BlackBerry expect to compete against the other enormous companies that want to win in this space (including Microsoft)?

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    05-26-14 08:40 PM
    Funny pairing... both companies are so entrenched in tiered customer support that as an end user, it's impossible to get any info from "customer supoort" at either company unless you have some sort of expensive subscription or purchased a few thousand units.

Case in point, the MC7700 is the LTE aircard approved by Canada's big 3 carriers. But neither Rogers or Telus, the two I deal with, has any support from their data teams! Both tell me to contact Sierra Wireless, who proceed to tell me to contact my carrier. All I wanted to know was where I could download the right proprietary Watcher software to use their aircard on!

Oh right, contact my distributor. No authorised distributor will entertain my purchase of one aircard. A defense contractor in California was the best at 10 units minimum...

Say what you will but this is where the Fruit company wins hands down. Before and after sales customer service especially in warranty, and good chances at out of warranty.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 03:16 AM