For the past few days now there has been a flurry of news floating around surrounding BlackBerry and their agreement with Volkswagen Infotainment. Last week, Volkswagen issued a press release stating they would be taking over BlackBerry's European research and development centre in Bochum. We never wrote about it because there was a lot of information left out of the very simple press release announcement.
    As time went on, BlackBerry confirmed some details of the agreement and noted around 200 employees would be transferred to AutoVision GmbH, a Volkswagen AG subsidiary in addition to taking over some of the leasing obligations of the offices and laboratories at the Bochum University Center and the Design Support Lab from BlackBerry. However, eventually the story ended up getting spun out to say that BlackBerry had included QNX as part of the deal. As part of BlackBerry's #BBFactCheck portal, they've now cleared up some of information.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    07-07-14 03:12 PM