During Mobile World Congress 2015, BlackBerry CEO John Chen laid out the device roadmap for BlackBerry and made mention of the release of another BlackBerry Porsche Design smartphone. At the time, very few details were announced outside of it using the internal codename 'Keian', in honor of Keian Blundell. Since then, there has been much speculation surrounding the Keian with many folks assuming the device would be based on the BlackBerry Passport and now, we just might be getting our first look at the luxury smartphone set for release later this year.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    DYLANHABKIRK and jdesignz like this.
    04-26-15 05:22 PM
    I loved Porsche Design models, the only little thing that stops me from buying one is that has the same specs as the normal one a year after, if just they where released the same date...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:01 PM
    I loved Porsche Design models, the only little thing that stops me from buying one is that has the same specs as the normal one a year after, if just they where released the same date...

Posted via CB10
    Luckily the passport has nice specs! Not really outdated in my opinion for another short while
    04-26-15 08:13 PM
    I've always thought the Porsche designed phones are ugly but that's my opinion. Then add the outrageous price for the same phone that looks a little different and Pffft.
    04-26-15 08:27 PM
    Luckily the passport has nice specs! Not really outdated in my opinion for another short while
    Yes but that's today, when will de Porsche Design will go for sell?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:42 PM
    These Porsche Design phones are ultimately a huge marketing mistake. Whatever small profit is made from this low-volume line is outweighed by the harm of making your standard models seem ordinary. Apple could make plenty of millions if they decided to make a luxury model of the iPhone, however, it would ultimately hurt the high-end image that the smartphone already has among its customers. The gold Apple Watch is the first time that Apple has really gone for this kind of marketing. It's simply poor brand management.
    04-27-15 08:02 AM
    These Porsche Design phones are ultimately a huge marketing mistake. Whatever small profit is made from this low-volume line is outweighed by the harm of making your standard models seem ordinary. Apple could make plenty of millions if they decided to make a luxury model of the iPhone, however, it would ultimately hurt the high-end image that the smartphone already has among its customers. The gold Apple Watch is the first time that Apple has really gone for this kind of marketing. It's simply poor brand management.
    The profit margins from the Porsche Design phones are HUUUGE! At the end of the day profits what count. If this series of Porsche design phones didn't bring money to BlackBerry they will be stopped after the P9981.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:12 AM
    The profit margins from the Porsche Design phones are HUUUGE! At the end of the day profits what count. If this series of Porsche design phones didn't bring money to BlackBerry they will be stopped after the P9981.

Posted via CB10
    Yep there are always people with more money than what they know to do with. Just like those new Sprint commercials
    04-27-15 10:07 AM
    If I was loaded and the PD phones came out relatively sooner than they usually do, I'd definitely buy them. They have some nice materials other than the hideous p9981 they look pretty nice. And I don't think they're made in China or wherever BlackBerry makes them.

In fact the design on this one looks like It would be really nice to hold two handed thanks to the angled chin too.
    04-27-15 07:38 PM
    A PD Passport would have to have some serious differentiation for me to buy it. Namely, a very durable, almost scratch proof body. Even better battery. Wireless charging. Higher quality speakerphone and speakers. And finally, whatever software differentiation that BlackBerry comes up with.
    05-06-15 09:38 PM