The BlackBerry Passport is the hottest BlackBerry device going at the moment and aside from the deals already in place to pick one up, BlackBerry has now announced a new BlackBerry Passport Trade-Up Program aimed at iPhone users.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    11-24-14 04:30 PM
    Carriers commonly have programs where they offer up to $250 depending on the model and condition of the device the customer is relinquishing. Sometimes they even offer a double your trade-in event. BlackBerry is likely using the same electronics recycling company and therefore they are able to offer a similar promotion for Black Friday weekend. Nothing groundbreaking here but a nice move to spur interest in the Passport.
    11-24-14 05:23 PM
    I don't get this promo.

All the values are "up to" a certain amount and what is stated on the website are "estimates". In the FAQ it states the following:
    8. What condition must the iPhone be in to be eligible for the trade-in program?
    Be fully functional - The iPhone powers up and can make and receive a call and all components (camera, software, touch screen) are operational.
    The user lock must be removed and the "Find My iPhone" feature turned off. You can find more details of how to prepare your iPhone here:
    What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
    https://www.icloud.com/activationloc...ctivationlock/
    Note: The iPhone should be able to send and receive calls and all features are working without the need to enter any unique code or password prior to use.
    No liquid damage internally or externally.
    Working LCD without cracks or bleeding.
    Valid ESN, IMEI or MEID number
    So basically, if I were to purchase an old iPhone 4S from Ebay, how do I ensure I get all $300? There are no other info on the Trade-In website aside from the above.
    11-24-14 08:41 PM
    No one responds to these CrackBerry News threads. They're usually a waste of space because people will just comment on the article itself. And for all the potential smartasses who might call me out for commenting, yes I know I'm commenting now... but yeah its true that nobody usually gives a dang about these threads. Such a waste of space. It should be closed. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 08:44 PM
    No one responds to these CrackBerry News threads. They're usually a waste of space because people will just comment on the article itself.
    It's because it doesn't show up in the general CrackBerry discussion, the most active of all the forum sections.
    11-24-14 09:03 PM
    So basically, if I were to purchase an old iPhone 4S from Ebay, how do I ensure I get all $300?
    The biggest thing is to make sure the "Find My iPhone" activation lock is turned off. If it's on when you receive the phone and the seller is not able to remove it from their iCloud, the device is rendered useless.
    FuzzyFish likes this.
    11-24-14 09:05 PM
    The biggest thing is to make sure the "Find My iPhone" activation lock is turned off. If it's on when you receive the phone and the seller is not able to remove it from their iCloud, the device is rendered useless.
    Thanks for the heads up! Never had an iPhone so this is good to know.

Cheers.
    11-24-14 09:15 PM
    I don't get this promo.

So basically, if I were to purchase an old iPhone 4S from Ebay, how do I ensure I get all $300? There are no other info on the Trade-In website aside from the above.
    Maximum trade in for a 4s is only $90.
    11-28-14 11:39 AM
    Double
    11-28-14 11:39 AM