Although it's easy to forget with BlackBerry Mobile capturing most of the BlackBerry handset news these days, there are officially three organizations with the license to build BlackBerry-branded handsets across various regions, TCL/BlackBerry Mobile, BB Merah Putih, and finally Optiemus Infracom. While BlackBerry Mobile and BB Merah Putih have released their own designs, Optiemus Infracom has yet to release their take on a BlackBerry handset, but a new leak from Evan Blass (@evleaks) shows they might soon be ready to release something in India.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-26-18 12:20 PM
    Hope TCL releases this one just like optiemus released the keyone.
    02-27-18 09:51 AM
    Hope TCL releases this one just like optiemus released the keyone.
    I really doubt.
    If it's at the price point of the Motion, doesn't make sense.
    And beyond that price point, I am not sure TCL wants to compete with a touchscreen smartphone.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    02-27-18 10:00 AM
    No buttons...gesture based navi anyone?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-27-18 10:02 AM
    I really doubt.
    If it's at the price point of the Motion, doesn't make sense.
    And beyond that price point, I am not sure TCL wants to compete with a touchscreen smartphone.

I think TCL needs a flagship killer touch screen. Something like oneplus. I am a keyone user but an all touch BlackBerry Style slab would be tempting.

Think of keyone without a keyboard and all touch screen. That design language would be great. Motion is a design failure imo.

They should have just replaced the keyboard with a touch panel. I wonder if someone can photoshop a keyone to a all touch device.
    02-27-18 10:16 AM
    No buttons...gesture based navi anyone?
    Most definitely not.
    On screen navigation buttons

02-27-18 11:04 AM
    I think TCL needs a flagship killer touch screen. Something like oneplus. I am a keyone user but an all touch BlackBerry Style slab would be tempting.

Think of keyone without a keyboard and all touch screen. That design language would be great. Motion is a design failure imo.

They should have just replaced the keyboard with a touch panel. I wonder if someone can photoshop a keyone to a all touch device.
    TCL will not be able to price a one plus type flagship at the price of one plus.
    The motion is just $50 cheaper than the 1+5T, and see the difference is specs.
    So frankly I don't see much point right now in a flagship touch screen phone. At least not at this point. A couple of years down the line, maybe.
    The KEYᴼᴺᴱ has that aspect ratio because of the keyboard. A touch screen phone will not be made with the aspect ratio.

02-27-18 11:10 AM
    TCL will not be able to price a one plus type flagship at the price of one plus.
    The motion is just $50 cheaper than the 1+5T, and see the difference is specs.
    So frankly I don't see much point right now in a flagship touch screen phone. At least not at this point. A couple of years down the line, maybe.
    The KEYᴼᴺᴱ has that aspect ratio because of the keyboard. A touch screen phone will not be made with the aspect ratio.

Well Alcatel pricing for reasonably better specced devices is better than Motion. I think TCL is able to pull of a oneplus move with last year's flagship SoC.

I think TCL is overpricing BlackBerry Branded handsets. I am sorry but Motion is a joke. DTEK60 had better specs for its time and only 50 $ more and BlackBerry was the distributor.

Alcatel 5 is 229 €
    -swap mediatek with snapdragon 660 what would it cost 50 € per device?
    -add BlackBerry brand fees 50 € more?
    -not much engineering needed since you have the keyone design.

For the aspect ratio, there are no obstacles for a keyone aspect ratio as long as it is different than 1:1.
    02-27-18 11:24 AM
    Well Alcatel pricing for reasonably better specced devices is better than Motion. I think TCL is able to pull of a oneplus move with last year's flagship SoC.

I think TCL is overpricing BlackBerry Branded handsets. I am sorry but Motion is a joke. DTEK60 had better specs for its time and only 50 $ more and BlackBerry was the distributor.

Alcatel 5 is 229 €
    -swap mediatek with snapdragon 660 what would it cost 50 € per device?
    -add BlackBerry brand fees 50 € more?
    -not much engineering needed since you have the keyone design.

For the aspect ratio, there are no obstacles for a keyone aspect ratio as long as it is different than 1:1.
    Unfortunately for BBMo/TCL, the licensing and BBAndroid costs will not be run at loss. It's either profitable for BB or it won't happen. BBMo/TCL has better pricing than BB for hardware purchasing costs. BB just isn't going to lose any money to help out BBMo/TCL. Phone business isn't that crucial to BB anymore.
    02-27-18 12:00 PM
    Unfortunately for BBMo/TCL, the licensing and BBAndroid costs will not be run at loss. It's either profitable for BB or it won't happen. BBMo/TCL has better pricing than BB for hardware purchasing costs. BB just isn't going to lose any money to help out BBMo/TCL. Phone business isn't that crucial to BB anymore.
    I think I couldn't express myself since my main language is not English.

TCL is clearly overpricing handsets. I understand the situation for the keyone since it is a very very niche device. But for the motion I really don't want to talk about it.

They should consider themselves lucky if they have 50k sales figures.

Motion's design is unbelievably outdated. Alcatel line-up in the MWC is much better looking.

I mean keyone is aesthetically very pleasing and has a keyboard.

Motion should have used the exact same design sans the keyboard. The internals could have been kept the same. I am really in complete awe why would they use a different design language. Motion and KEYone are completely different devices. No consistency.

This leak looks like what the motion should have looked like.

My 2 cents.

Again anyone with enough photoshop skills, please render a all touch keyone.
    02-27-18 12:26 PM
    I think I couldn't express myself since my main language is not English.

TCL is clearly overpricing handsets. I understand the situation for the keyone since it is a very very niche device. But for the motion I really don't want to talk about it.

They should consider themselves lucky if they have 50k sales figures.

Motion's design is unbelievably outdated. Alcatel line-up in the MWC is much better looking.

I mean keyone is aesthetically very pleasing and has a keyboard.

Motion should have used the exact same design sans the keyboard. The internals could have been kept the same. I am really in complete awe why would they use a different design language. Motion and KEYone are completely different devices. No consistency.

This leak looks like what the motion should have looked like.

My 2 cents.

Again anyone with enough photoshop skills, please render a all touch keyone.
    The security is a big premium. They could NEVER compete head to head.
    02-27-18 01:09 PM
    The security is a big premium. They could NEVER compete head to head.
    Head to head with whom?
    02-27-18 01:11 PM
    Head to head with whom?
    Anyone.

All else being equal, TCL will always be 25-30% more expensive.
    02-27-18 01:11 PM
    Anyone.

All else being equal, TCL will always be 25-30% more expensive.
    Well I am in with an extra %25-30 if we are competing with oneplus. Aren't you?
    02-27-18 01:18 PM
    Well I am in with an extra %25-30 if we are competing with oneplus. Aren't you?
    My only concern is the corporate client that TCL is targeting. If they want to make a vanity variant for a few of us at some point, that's fine. But let's focus on the core first.
    02-27-18 01:21 PM
    My only concern is the corporate client that TCL is targeting. If they want to make a vanity variant for a few of us at some point, that's fine. But let's focus on the core first.
    There is the problem. I don't think businesses are interested in Motion. TCL really should analyze thoroughly. I believe they saw motion was a flop and that is why we will see two keyboard devices this year.

In reality, consumers are the core for BlackBerry. No corporate client (generally speaking) is interested in pkb devices. Select consumers with niche requests were the core for the Keyone.

Time will tell, but I am pretty confident that I am right on this one.
    02-27-18 01:26 PM
    There is the problem. I don't think businesses are interested in Motion. TCL really should analyze thoroughly. I believe they saw motion was a flop and that is why we will see two keyboard devices this year.

In reality, consumers are the core for BlackBerry. No corporate client (generally speaking) is interested in pkb devices. Select consumers with niche requests were the core for the Keyone.

Time will tell, but I am pretty confident that I am right on this one.
    TCL announced a slab for early 2019.

But I don't think they are that interested in slabs anyway - hard to differentiate in a sea of sameness. Hard to go head to head with Apple and Samsung Knox.

They only made one because they "had" to have something to offer if asked.
    02-27-18 01:29 PM
    TCL announced a slab for early 2019.

But I don't think they are that interested in slabs anyway - hard to differentiate in a sea of sameness. Hard to go head to head with Apple and Samsung Knox.

They only made one because they "had" to have something to offer if asked.
    Well they have to have a decent slab offering to achieve 10 million devices per year target.

I seriously doubt pkb market is that large.

Let's hope the more consumer centric slab due Jan 19 brings a little soul to the table.
    02-27-18 02:05 PM
    Well they have to have a decent slab offering to achieve 10 million devices per year target.

I seriously doubt pkb market is that large.

Let's hope the more consumer centric slab due Jan 19 brings a little soul to the table.
    Their ultimate target seems to me to be 3-5 million devices a year. I'm sure they would be happy to continue on from there though.
    02-27-18 02:21 PM
    Their ultimate target seems to me to be 3-5 million devices a year. I'm sure they would be happy to continue on from there though.
    They will have a hard time only with pkb's.

Wouldn't using the same design and internals for a slab make sense?

I wonder why they chose a complete new design. I keep repeating myself (and I am bored also) but they could have stretched the display on the keyone and voila TOUCHone.

Keyone design is beautiful.
    02-28-18 07:01 AM
    They will have a hard time only with pkb's.

Wouldn't using the same design and internals for a slab make sense?

I wonder why they chose a complete new design. I keep repeating myself (and I am bored also) but they could have stretched the display on the keyone and voila TOUCHone.

Keyone design is beautiful.
    Aesthetics is a personal thing. Many people who own the Motion think it's a great design.
    02-28-18 07:16 AM
    Aesthetics is a personal thing. Many people who own the Motion think it's a great design.
    Well the important thing is the thoughts of the people who don't own a Motion.
    03-01-18 07:37 AM
    Well the important thing is the thoughts of the people who don't own a Motion.
    All the people who own a Motion, didn't own a Motion before.
    03-01-18 07:48 AM
    All the people who own a Motion, didn't own a Motion before.
    I think you get the point.

If the potential market for a BlackBerry Slab is 1 mil devices per year there are still minimum 950.000 people that needs to be acquired.
    03-01-18 07:51 AM
    I think you get the point.

If the potential market for a BlackBerry Slab is 1 mil devices per year there are still minimum 950.000 people that needs to be acquired.
    Without the sturdy/battery/secure angle, the Motion wouldn't have sold any.

Better than being just another piece of glass.
    03-01-18 07:52 AM
26 12