Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
10-07-15 07:43 PM
72 123
tools
    This app still sucks. The benefit is having a short cut to launch CrackBerry and presenting the threads in a mobil friendly format.

No way to view porfiles
    No way to send PM's

It is ashamed that CB is not willing to keep improving this app.

If someone would dedicate 1 day per month?
    Edit 04/28/2015 I meant a paid employee

Oh, thank you for cutting back on the number of pop-ups and ads per page. When B1aze took first took over the ads went crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-28-15 at 02:06 PM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-20-15 03:24 PM
    This app still sucks. The benefit is having a short cut to launch CrackBerry and presenting the threads in a mobil friendly format.

No way to view porfiles
    No way to send PM's

Oh, thank you for cutting back on the number of pop-ups and ads per page. When B1aze took first took over the ads went crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Lack of features doesn't make current features suck.

I just wish they would implement "ignore" feature as I constantly run into people *cough* I care to never see again and have to remember to ignore on desktop.

There is a developer who works on the app.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 03:38 PM
    Lack of features doesn't make current features suck.

I just wish they would implement "ignore" feature as I constantly run into people *cough* I care to never see again and have to remember to ignore on desktop.

There is a developer who works on the app.

Posted via CB10
    Must be the weather.
    04-20-15 04:48 PM
    What no comment from Kevin or B1aze?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 12:29 PM
    Agreed. Bugs here's and there, features missing... kinda sucks
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-28-15 02:05 AM
    There was a team working on this app before. Guess the team is sleeping.
    04-28-15 02:12 AM
    Busy counting hits for pop ups

Posted via CB10
    Traxxmy likes this.
    04-28-15 03:24 AM
    Thankfully I never had any pop ups ads - ever.

Still an update with features listed by OP is long overdue.

 Q5 / Z30
    04-28-15 03:30 AM
    Fix the search so it searches exact phases first. In chronological descending order.

Allow search options:
    Title Only;
    Title and Body;

RSS feeds

Sharing

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 03:55 AM
    There is no ads in cb10 app

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    04-28-15 04:01 AM
    Busy counting hits for pop ups

Posted via CB10
    there are no ads in the cb10 app. Maybe you're talking about the webpage?
    04-28-15 10:29 AM
    There was a team working on this app before. Guess the team is sleeping.
    Or dealing with real world. Anyone who works on the app does so in their spare time and volunteers. With that being the case there is no expectation or demands to them to take time out of their lives. The app has some bugs, it's known, but there's plenty of people out there who use the app perfectly fine and have no complaints as well.

Plus, if you don't like CB10 we also offer the Android CrackBerry app as well as the mobile site to access. It's not as if anyone is stuck using one single option – choices are available. An update to the app will come when people have time to work on it and it's ready. It is what it is.
    moody likes this.
    04-28-15 12:28 PM
    Or dealing with real world. Anyone who works on the app does so in their spare time and volunteers. With that being the case there is no expectation or demands to them to take time out of their lives. The app has some bugs, it's known, but there's plenty of people out there who use the app perfectly fine and have no complaints as well.

Plus, if you don't like CB10 we also offer the Android CrackBerry app as well as the mobile site to access. It's not as if anyone is stuck using one single option choices are available. An update to the app will come when people have time to work on it and it's ready. It is what it is.
    Humm the app writers donate their time?

All 3 apps lack the functionality needed to navigate without having to wait till one can use a PC.

BlackBerry users are more cognizance than others shouldn't they warrant the best?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 01:01 PM

I guess you'd be happy to dedicate a days wage per month to a developer to work on this "free" app?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 01:37 PM
    I guess you'd be happy to dedicate a days wage per month to a developer to work on this "free" app?

Posted via CB10
    I would dedicate a day a week if the revenue went to a non-profit organization.

I already dedicate a Twitter account and FaceBook page to BlackBerry and CrackBerry for exposure.
    Edit: and support CB store.

Most free apps are paid though other revenue sources. (i.e. ads or to self advertise a product/service.)

Are you dedicating for free?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-28-15 at 02:18 PM.
    04-28-15 01:47 PM
    Or dealing with real world. Anyone who works on the app does so in their spare time and volunteers. With that being the case there is no expectation or demands to them to take time out of their lives.
    Sounds like a good candidate for open sourcing then. Even if merging and building the public release is done by a CrackBerry team member, patches could be contributed by any willing volunteers. I seriously doubt there is anything that special about the codebase which would preclude this and there is far more value in CB than just a smallish CB specific app.

I would visit CB far less without the app, especially now that the full website has become so heavyweight and slow (for me at least).
    04-28-15 02:03 PM
    ................If someone would dedicate 1 day per month?
    Edit 04/28/2015 I meant a paid employee

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 02:05 PM
    Ads on webpage and CB7. Try viewing CB on a 9900 with a header and foot ad. But since I've moved on I don't suffer on that device any more.
    04-28-15 02:14 PM
    Perhaps part of the "something brewing" regarding apps will be funds that allow Blackberry to allocate $10K to fix up the CB app. It's got to be only a small fraction of what Blackberry is willing to spend to shore up access to apps, right?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-28-15 02:15 PM
    I would dedicate a day a week if the revenue went to a non-profit organization.

I already dedicate a Twitter account and FaceBook page to BlackBerry and CrackBerry for exposure.
    Edit: and support CB store.

Most free apps are paid though other revenue sources. (i.e. ads or to self advertise a product/service.)

Are you dedicating for free?
    It's absolutely great that your dedicating your time to free exposure FOR Crackberry & Blackberry, but I'd suggest you do so without feeling entitled to reciprocity from either of them, they didn't ask you to dedicate your time, especially considering you've got around 3k followers and Crackberry has 136k, Blackberry with 4.4Million on twitter, Facebook is in the 30million +

So... you don't get to ask me if I dedicate for free, because I'm not entitled to anything, neither are you, you do what you do off your own back.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    04-28-15 02:26 PM
    It's absolutely great that your dedicating your time to free exposure FOR Crackberry & Blackberry, but I'd suggest you do so without feeling entitled to reciprocity from either of them, they didn't ask you to dedicate your time, especially considering you've got around 3k followers and Crackberry has 136k, Blackberry with 4.4Million on twitter, Facebook is in the 30million +

So... you don't get to ask me if I dedicate for free, because I'm not entitled to anything, neither are you, you do what you do off your own back.
    Why so bitter? I'm only asking a few hours a month be put aside to improve the app. (15 minutes/day)

What I do on my own time is a given. I do not ask for fees from CB nor do I expect any. 3k followers? (7 out 10 TW have over 3k) doesn't matter. That comment makes about as much sense as me telling someone about the Classic. It all relative.

This is constructive criticism just like over 50% of the threads on CB.
    baarn likes this.
    04-28-15 02:46 PM

What are you talking about ? He's saying there has to be employees at mobile nation who could spend a bit of time here and there to fix the app, add a few missing features.
    But as said before, development of the app in-house has been dropped and left to 'volunteer' developers who get exposure in exchange for working on it. Sucks but I'm assuming CB doesn't generate the same revenue it once did.
    04-29-15 03:53 PM
    Sounds like a good candidate for open sourcing then. Even if merging and building the public release is done by a CrackBerry team member, patches could be contributed by any willing volunteers. I seriously doubt there is anything that special about the codebase which would preclude this and there is far more value in CB than just a smallish CB specific app.

I would visit CB far less without the app, especially now that the full website has become so heavyweight and slow (for me at least).
    + a billion

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 03:56 PM
    $1B? And mostly profit?

The servers should be written off by now?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 08:20 PM
    Better than SAF fees?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 05-04-15 at 01:35 PM.
    04-29-15 08:21 PM
72 123