05-29-19 03:25 PM
42 12
tools
    Yep... I accept the reality that being on Beta there is always the risk of having something go wrong... comes with the territory. It's a bit frustrating that right after the release a number of us contacted the developer directly by email to bring this glitch to their attention but no response and no fix to the issue.

No worries though, as all is good here in Colorado... I left the Beta program for the CrackBerry app as I stated and I'm good to go with the production app.

Bob
    Well, I can't speak to why there's no communication through that channel. But what I can say and offer is: Anytime you do have issues, you're welcome to hit me up and let me know. I obviously won't be able to fix them directly, but I can always ensure they get passed along and ensure that you know that at least someone is seeing / hearing the feedback.

Believe it or not, @Chuck Finley69 did something right... he tagged me.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-26-19 01:29 PM
    Well, I can't speak to why there's no communication through that channel. But what I can say and offer is: Anytime you do have issues, you're welcome to hit me up and let me know. I obviously won't be able to fix them directly, but I can always ensure they get passed along and ensure that you know that at least someone is seeing / hearing the feedback.

Roger that... 👍

Bob
    05-26-19 03:36 PM
    First time for everything it appears... 😂

Bob
    05-26-19 05:06 PM
    First time for everything it appears...

Bob
    You guys are hilarious.... I was just hinting you should invite Bla1ze to Colorado to 1st Annual Bob’s Smokefest and Munchies extravaganza....
    05-26-19 08:35 PM
    You guys are hilarious.... I was just hinting you should invite Bla1ze to Colorado to 1st Annual Bob’s Smokefest and Munchies extravaganza....
    1st Chuck? My Annual Smokefest and Munchies extravaganza has been going on for decades... 😁

The state of Colorado was late to the party...

Bob
    05-26-19 08:42 PM
    1st Chuck? My Annual Smokefest and Munchies extravaganza has been going on for decades...

The state of Colorado was late to the party...

Bob
    You didn’t have to let Bla1ze know that he wasn’t invited before......

Now we know the actual reasons for poor communication.... the lack of incentives has been demoralizing the staff....

Party at Bob’s .... CrackBerry is the entry word .......
    05-26-19 08:45 PM
    You didn’t have to let Bla1ze know that he wasn’t invited before......
    It could be Chuck you are assuming Bla1ze hasn't been to my party... You might want to give some thought I was letting you know you hadn't been invited before... 🤔

Bob
    05-26-19 08:50 PM
    It could be Chuck you are assuming Bla1ze hasn't been to my party... You might want to give some thought I was letting you know you hadn't been invited before...

Bob
    Ok then........ hmmmm

Well this is awkward....
    05-26-19 08:52 PM
    Update this morning has fixed this issue.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    05-27-19 08:14 AM
    Update this morning has fixed this issue.
    I switched to the production release and I also received an update this morning. I don't see any reason to return to the Beta program... the production CrackBerry app gets the job done and I don't have to deal with anymore issues if the Beta app has bugs.

Bob
    05-27-19 08:43 AM
    Thread bug is fixed in this morning's beta app. Good job developer. I posted such in my review in Play Store.
    Whenever I elect to become a Beta Tester I accept that I will be testing an unproven app or equipment (DIRECTV for one) that will have bugs. It is the jo b of the Beta Tester to report bugs, not as a complaining everyday user, but as a partner with the developer to search out those bugs or defects in order to assist the developer in eradicating those bugs. I don't do it for the sole purpose of having the latest and greatest before anyone else.
    If you can't accept the true responsibility of being a Beta Tester then don't sign up. It is not for you.
    05-27-19 09:39 AM
    Thread bug is fixed in this morning's beta app. Good job developer. I posted such in my review in Play Store.
    Whenever I elect to become a Beta Tester I accept that I will be testing an unproven app or equipment (DIRECTV for one) that will have bugs. It is the jo b of the Beta Tester to report bugs, not as a complaining everyday user, but as a partner with the developer to search out those bugs or defects in order to assist the developer in eradicating those bugs. I don't do it for the sole purpose of having the latest and greatest before anyone else.
    If you can't accept the true responsibility of being a Beta Tester then don't sign up. It is not for you.
    Yes, I am a Beta tester for a number of apps for the reasons you outlined Chuck and to date all has been without issue. In this instance of the Beta CrackBerry app update, and having it cause an issue with opening and reading threads in the Forum, isn't about testing a new feature or performance with the app providing feedback for the developer.

Being able to read the threads is a pretty basic function of the CrackBerry app in my opinion. To have this ability taken away with a Beta update indicates to me the developer didn't do any testing of a basic feature.

In any event, all is good for me running the production CrackBerry app and if I decide to join the Beta program again I fully understand the risks vs reward with any Beta app.

Bob
    05-27-19 10:00 AM
    Yes, I am a Beta tester for a number of apps for the reasons you outlined Chuck and to date all has been without issue. In this instance of the Beta CrackBerry app update, and having it cause an issue with opening and reading threads in the Forum, isn't about testing a new feature or performance with the app providing feedback for the developer.

Being able to read the threads is a pretty basic function of the CrackBerry app in my opinion. To have this ability taken away with a Beta update indicates to me the developer didn't do any testing of a basic feature.

In any event, all is good for me running the production CrackBerry app and if I decide to join the Beta program again I fully understand the risks vs reward with any Beta app.

Bob
    Many times fixing an issue can break a function or two. Ye old domino theory. I see it as still being covered under Beta testing.
    05-27-19 01:49 PM
    Many times fixing an issue can break a function or two. Ye old domino theory. I see it as still being covered under Beta testing.
    I don't disagree with you Chuck... but a basic function like being able to read threads should have been checked before the update was released... In my opinion.

Bob
    05-27-19 02:11 PM
    I don't disagree with you Chuck... but a basic function like being able to read threads should have been checked before the update was released... In my opinion.

Bob
    Your point about developers testing the basic functions before releasing is spot on. Just ask Samsung and the foldable phone, or BBMo and the capacitive keyboard functions.
    05-27-19 02:16 PM
    Your point about developers testing the basic functions before releasing is spot on. Just ask Samsung and the foldable phone, or BBMo and the capacitive keyboard functions.
    Good one Chuck... 👍

Bob
    05-27-19 02:28 PM
    I decided to return to the Beta program... 🤞

Bob
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-29-19 03:25 PM
42 12