BlackBerry has developed a bad reputation over the years as ever smarter smartphones take over the market,but time and time again we have seen BlackBerry crank out amazing phones like the Passport, Classic, DTEK50, and Priv. What is truly unfortunate to me is how retail workers don't know about these new devices and think Blackberry is totally dead.
    I was on vacation during July with my family, and they wanted to go to the mall to look around and buy some clothes. While they were aimlessly walking around the mall, I saw a Best Buy Mobile store and thought I'd ask the Best Buy guys about the Priv. A worker greeted me and asked what I was looking for, and I told him about how I've had my Galaxy S3 for years and am looking for a new phone with a physical keyboard, like the BlackBerry Priv. He looked at me with an almost disgusted face and told me "You don't want a BlackBerry", and proceeded to walk me over to the Galaxy S7 stand. I reminded him that I was looking for a phone with a physical keyboard like a BlackBerry, and not another Galaxy. He then said that the BlackberryOS is old and he doesn't think it's even updated anymore. He thought BlackBerry was completely dead and physical keyboards have no place in today's world. He had no idea that the Priv and DTEK were running Android, and there were no BlackBerry display units in the store to try out. The reason Blackberries aren't selling is that retail workers are blatantly stating that BlackBerry is dead, and the public believes that they are. BlackBerry needs to run more TV commercials and show the public the great new phones they are coming out with, and inform the retail workers about the new devices because otherwise our beloved BlackBerry could be no more.
    anon(4243545) likes this.
    09-24-16 11:29 AM
    This has been going on for years. I've experienced it many times with these ******-nozzle 12 dollars per hour "salesmen".
    09-24-16 11:34 AM
    I think blackberry has decided it's not worth the marketing money to try to overcome. Not sure if that is a good or bad decision, but I bet they are a bit shy with all they spent when the z10 came out and what return they maybe didn't get out of all that marketing.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    09-24-16 11:47 AM