So on April 17th, a user named @andrewlewis8448 PM'ed me telling me to contact a tferguson460@gmail.com for a KEYone soft shell case.

The seller was very responsive before I sent the funds. I asked for a photo of the case which he provided, but I should have asked for one with a timestamp next to it.

He asked $50 for it, then I said I'd pay $25 for a slim piece of rubber and he just said okay.
    The price was negociated too easily, should have seen that red flag.

Then he tells me that he was having issues with his own PayPal account and that he had Zelle.

I told him I preferred to use PayPal and so he gave me the PayPal address of his "son". After the funds were sent (and I even threw in an extra $2 to cover the PayPal fees) , he asked for a screenshot which I provided.

As I said, he was very responsive before I sent the PayPal, and would not respond anymore after I sent the screenshot of the funds.
    Last I heard from him was that he would send me the tracking number ASAP but it's been complete silence since.

I opened up a dispute with PayPal and can escalate to a claim starting tomorrow 25th.

If I had paid as "friends & family" there would be no chance of getting the money back.

So now I get another PM on my CB Forums mailbox from a user named @cloremoore offering me to contact yet another e-mail address jordansteve031@gmail.com for a KEYone soft shell case.

I'm recognizing a pattern here, there are crooks among us.

Also, both of those accounts were brand new, created the day I was contacted, and with zero posts.

Don't ever deal with anyone like that.

Always ask for timestamp photos.

People who say they have "issues with their PayPal account" is not a good sign either.
    04-24-20 07:30 AM
    Sorry you got scammed boon
    04-24-20 09:50 AM
    the first email should have been your first clue lol

But in all seriousness both are banned and you shouldnt send money to members who

1) just joined
    2) no posts at all
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-24-20 09:59 AM
    I’ve had some guys that just joined trying to buy stuff from me. That’s a no-go for me.
    04-24-20 10:44 AM
    Lmao just got a message over on imore with the same M.O.
    Im looking for an iPhone 8 and a person with NO posts and 14 minutes of being a member telling me to email some guy. Lol
    04-30-20 02:26 PM
    04-30-20 02:31 PM
    04-30-20 02:31 PM
    Must be scamming season with this stay at home stuff. Here’s another one on Android Central:
    04-30-20 09:09 PM
    These guys are all over the forums. Android central, CB and imore

05-01-20 07:26 AM
    unless you report the PMs we cant stop them because we dont know about them
    05-01-20 10:07 AM
    Hey boon your message box is full. Can't send you messages
    So on April 17th, a user named @andrewlewis8448 PM'ed me telling me to contact a tferguson460@gmail.com for a KEYone soft shell case.

The seller was very responsive before I sent the funds. I asked for a photo of the case which he provided, but I should have asked for one with a timestamp next to it.

He asked $50 for it, then I said I'd pay $25 for a slim piece of rubber and he just said okay.
    The price was negociated too easily, should have seen that red flag.

Then he tells me that he was having issues with his own PayPal account and that he had Zelle.

I told him I preferred to use PayPal and so he gave me the PayPal address of his "son". After the funds were sent (and I even threw in an extra $2 to cover the PayPal fees) , he asked for a screenshot which I provided.

As I said, he was very responsive before I sent the PayPal, and would not respond anymore after I sent the screenshot of the funds.
    Last I heard from him was that he would send me the tracking number ASAP but it's been complete silence since.

I opened up a dispute with PayPal and can escalate to a claim starting tomorrow 25th.

If I had paid as "friends & family" there would be no chance of getting the money back.

So now I get another PM on my CB Forums mailbox from a user named @cloremoore offering me to contact yet another e-mail address jordansteve031@gmail.com for a KEYone soft shell case.

I'm recognizing a pattern here, there are crooks among us.

Also, both of those accounts were brand new, created the day I was contacted, and with zero posts.

Don't ever deal with anyone like that.

Always ask for timestamp photos.

People who say they have "issues with their PayPal account" is not a good sign either.
    07-13-20 07:40 AM
    A user named martinjason26 ALMOST caught me in this IDENTICAL scam just today. I was foolish enough to give him my phone number, and he immediately began texting very aggressively, demanding an answer, calling me in the middle of the night, and asked for money right away.

I'm disappointed that this is happening.
    10-16-20 12:40 PM
    A user named martinjason26 ALMOST caught me in this IDENTICAL scam just today. I was foolish enough to give him my phone number, and he immediately began texting very aggressively, demanding an answer, calling me in the middle of the night, and asked for money right away.

Block him via the phone and sms app
    10-16-20 01:32 PM

Just give him my number and Mr. Weston and I can make him disappear..
    10-16-20 02:50 PM
    I had a post up for a GOLD/white q10 battery cover. received a couple PM's saying I should email their friend selling the cover. being the fool that I am, I did. they too were very aggressive in asking me to transfer them funds, so they can mail out my case to me.

I knew it was a scam when they refused me coming to pick up the item with cash in hand.
    10-17-20 01:14 AM
    Sites like this one are the last place I would expect to be reading about scams,but I suppose these kind of low life people will try anywhere and anyone just to rip people off...

Posted via CB10
    10-17-20 05:39 AM
    Block him via the phone and sms app
    I'm half tempted to string him along now. The jerk.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-20 07:33 AM
    I get scam emails at least once a week for one of the organizations I do work for. It starts something like "....hey can you help me do something quickly, I am in a meeting." The emails are easy to notice as scam (based on sender email address) but the "sender field" is ways correctly spoofed, and the names/titles in the email mean there is a bit of social engineering that was done ahead of time. I've strung one along once for about three days. They always end up asking for cards. It was fun, but in the end not worth the effort. The experts say never string along the scammers as it just exposes you more. However, I personally think there should be organizations setup to specifically string these folks along and then entrap them.
    10-17-20 09:39 AM
    I get scam emails at least once a week for one of the organizations I do work for. It starts something like "....hey can you help me do something quickly, I am in a meeting." The emails are easy to notice as scam (based on sender email address) but the "sender field" is ways correctly spoofed, and the names/titles in the email mean there is a bit of social engineering that was done ahead of time. I've strung one along once for about three days. They always end up asking for cards. It was fun, but in the end not worth the effort. The experts say never string along the scammers as it just exposes you more. However, I personally think there should be organizations setup to specifically string these folks along and then entrap them.

If you think you get it bad, you should imagine what I get regarding myself and clients. The reason it’s recommended to avoid regarding exposure...

1. You’re legitimizing yourself as part of the organization and then you can be researched online.

2. The bad actor can now attempt to use a fake identity of you to ensnare fellow clients, associates, friends and family members that aren’t savvy or cautious as you.

3. The bad actors do this for a living and know the risks of dealing with do-gooders. They have nothing to lose and they can get inside your head and use that as threat for extortion. I did this once with someone running a scam and it wasn’t really worth it. For me, it was a burner phone text, dealing with Chuck Finley persona, and I couldn’t remember that I was completely the cutout.

Ultimately, it’s like the person that pulls in front of you, playing speed patrol at 85-90 mph. The person isn’t being affected so why get involved. Not worth the unintended consequences...
    10-17-20 11:46 AM

Damn, they are getting that desperate??
    I sometimes use a “fake” number for stuff like that like from Craigslist. I use “text now” app .
    10-17-20 02:49 PM
    Just give him my number and Mr. Weston and I can make him disappear..
    Lmao, if they do find him he’ll be wearing 6 inch stilettos .
    10-17-20 02:50 PM
    I’m looking for a passport SE. i will pay more than the going price for it. !!!!
    10-17-20 02:55 PM