8/23 UPDATE 2: Deal completed. Rich, if you wouldn't mind, please change the title again to move mbar to positive feedback. Edited below to close the open ends of the story.

8/12 UPDATE: back in communication... consider this an upgrade to neutral

I'll be happy to change this if the situation changes, but mbar9607 has been unreliable and, as of this morning, failed to complete his part of a deal. Situation changed. The deal is done.

He has disappeared from all of the communications lines we used (phone: disconnected, gtalk: offline, email: no response).

Situation: we had an agreement to exchange his Droid Incredible for my MotoDroid and a Storm2. The plan was for me to ship him the Droid (plus accessories), let him switch out to the Droid, he would ship me the Inc, and then I would ship him the Storm. I shipped the Droid and confirmed receipt. He told me that he activated it and that he would ship the Inc to me. That didn't happen. After a few days, during which I understand mbar's hard drive/PC to be out of order, we made contact, and he offered to ship me a Bold, which he knew was my ultimate goal.

Deleted comments about shipping details that turned out to be immaterial.

I am now out a phone without any apparent recourse. Based on the other feedback here, I'm surprised that it went this way, but I hope I can save some of the rest of you some trouble with him. Some of the other positive feedback mentions some shipping issues that you may want to check out. I have the Bold, it is in nearly perfect condition, and it activated without any trouble. I guess this is the bottom line, right?

Deleted reference to real name and location.

If anyone wants to reply to this and tell me how I could have protected myself better in this transaction, I'd love to know.

Bottom line: we got the deal done, and I have the phone I was looking for in great condition. Thanks, mbar.
    Last edited by reidmatthews; 08-23-10 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Change in status, again.
    08-10-10 10:24 AM
    Best thing you can do is contact the police in his area and let them know what happened. I was burnt on another forum and I did the same thing. They apparently have the product (it was still in the shipping box but opened) and they may be able to get it back to me may not. Depends on what happens. Its definitely worth a shot. To me, there is a reason there is a post requirement and thats to show people are here and spend time around here to be known. I am by no means saying its fool proof but it always gives me better piece of mind.
    08-10-10 09:35 PM
    It appears this is a usual stunt he pulls during his dealing with other members

http://forums.crackberry.com/f140/po...ar9607-499370/
    08-11-10 01:13 AM
    Were getting it all worked out....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 10:47 AM
    What was the issue.
    08-14-10 03:24 PM
    What was the issue.
    The issue isn't important but he has a phone on the way to him that he wanted so were getting it resolved

08-14-10 07:32 PM
    I edited the titled. I'm glad you guys are working it out!
    08-16-10 07:42 AM
    The issue isn't important but he has a phone on the way to him that he wanted so were getting it resolved

I would considet the issue important consider future transactions that may take place . But its your reputation.
    08-16-10 12:33 PM
    Got him the bold he wanted with some extras today via FedEx as of 6:17PM

08-18-10 10:49 PM
    Amen! Good show mbar!
    08-19-10 08:15 AM
    Best thing you can do is contact the police in his area and let them know what happened. I was burnt on another forum and I did the same thing. They apparently have the product (it was still in the shipping box but opened) and they may be able to get it back to me may not. Depends on what happens. Its definitely worth a shot. To me, there is a reason there is a post requirement and thats to show people are here and spend time around here to be known. I am by no means saying its fool proof but it always gives me better piece of mind.
    I did a little checking around early on when I thought I'd been burned (but, to be clear, it worked out fine), and the police were very helpful. I assumed that this happened all the time and that they wouldn't be interested, but the Sgt that I traded emails with told me what needed to happen to build a case. It was very interesting. I never needed to follow-up with him, but it was nice to know that it was an option.
    08-23-10 09:36 PM
    I edited the titled. I'm glad you guys are working it out!
    Thanks for updating the title, Rich. I wondered how I was going to make that go away.
    08-23-10 09:37 PM
    got it updated =)
    08-25-10 03:57 AM
    got it updated =)
    Good deal brother! Again I'm SUPER glad this all worked out!
    08-26-10 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD