10-21-14 06:59 AM
39 12
tools
    A replacement device is a good point. That would definitely do it.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:14 AM
    Here's a knowledgebase document from Blackberry that details the various unique identifiers for Blackberry 10 devices, as communicated over EAS.

KB33531-How to whitelist BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets for use with Exchange Active Sync Gatekeeping

The purpose of that document is to help Exchange admins customize their server rules so that they won't inadvertently block BB10 devices from connecting if they have the "gatekeeping" feature enabled.

This is one example why when someone complains that it must be Blackberry's fault if their iPhone or Android works on an EAS server but the BB does not, it's not necessarily because there is something "wrong" with the BB10 device.

Most people don't realize that it could simply be a matter of the email admin inadvertently blocking the device because they were either sloppy or cavalier about updating their ruleset to allow the BB10 devices to connect. (Quite possibly because either they rarely see them, or simply don't care.)
    bungaboy and dosto like this.
    06-13-13 04:18 AM
    Just an update on my experience with Google Apps for Business (with GBES): I recently switched from TMO Z10 (running 10.0) to Q10 (running 10.1 of course). The transition went smoothly and everything (email, contacts, calendar) syncs flawlessly. I'm loving the marriage of BB10 and Google Apps for Biz.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-15-13 01:21 PM
    Finally got my Q10 today. Steep learning curve for me as a first time BlackBerry user, but I'm getting there.

Google Apps is working very well so far. It integrates like a dream using active sync, just as dosto said it would. Much better than what I was experiencing with my iPhone.

Thanks to everyone here for your advice and support.

Loving my Q10 so far!

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    06-25-13 07:57 PM
    I just installed the 10.1.0.4537 leak on my Z10-3 with Rogers. My Google Apps account that is sync'ed with Active Sync allows participant invites when creating a calendar event. I was not able to invite participants prior to this and I have to use CalDev for Calendar and CardDev for Contacts. Hopefully active sync will be working for all functions with Google Apps. Now if we could just get remote email search working all would be good.
    07-04-13 11:37 AM
    Interesting jeffawa. I noticed recently that my calendar invites were not working. I'm using active sync for my calendar integration. I guess that's why.

Everything else is working very well.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:50 PM
    Update: I have loaded 10.2.0.483 and GAAPS active sync calendar invites are working in early 10.2 betas. Remote contact lookup is working. Still need remote email search.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:24 AM
    Update: I have loaded 10.2.0.483 and GAAPS active sync calendar invites are working in early 10.2 betas. Remote contact lookup is working. Still need remote email search.

Remote search works, even on earlier builds. The usual reason it's not available is because either it's been disabled on the server or the server doesn't support it at all.

For example on my Z10, it works on my commercial MS Exchange hosting provider, but not on Outlook.com.
    07-12-13 10:10 PM
    hi,
    i have a q0 and the latest os. i have configured all, all is working. emails, calender, contacts. but what to do when i have more calenders in gmail, because on the bb i have only the one main calender. how to sync the other calenders?

thanks.
    02-24-14 12:31 PM
    hi,
    i have a q0 and the latest os. i have configured all, all is working. emails, calender, contacts. but what to do when i have more calenders in gmail, because on the bb i have only the one main calender. how to sync the other calenders?

Normally those additional calendars should show up as an additional calendar via top Calendar menu "Manage".
    kizax likes this.
    02-25-14 08:47 PM
    Normally those additional calendars should show up as an additional calendar via top Calendar menu "Manage".
    Thanks
    I have added the calenders in the settings, I have subscribed the calenders. That was the only option I had.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:19 PM
    When I click on manage in the calender app, I see only the cals I have manualy subscribed. Anyone the some issue?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 04:42 AM
    I have solved the problem.

When you have more then one calender in your google apps account, for example, work, home, private, meetings bla bla bla

Simple go to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/ with your BlackBerry browser, login, chose your device, and choose the calenders you want to be synced.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-09-14 06:09 AM
    Hi, guys.
    I have free gmail.com account and want to use EAS. As I understood, I have to buy Gapps for Business. Unfortunately, when I am trying to do so, it forces me to migrate from gmail.com to different domain. Is it really so that I can't use EAS on gmail.com even for money?
    Are there any workarounds? Maybe I can set forwarding from gmail.com to my new domain with gapps and set outgoing server back to smtp.gmail.com with old credentials so my "From" field will stay the same? Has anyone tried something like this?

Thanks in advance.
    10-21-14 06:59 AM
39 12