So I am on an Android Blackberry (Keyone) and I need to keep my important client's information (phonebook, calendar, messaging apps) separate from my less important communication. For example I can't have it that Signal or Whatsapp uploads my client's contacts to its servers, or that ordinary apps can access pics I took for work.

Now I read that there's Android for Work/Android Enterprise and Blackberry Balance/UEM that achieves such a separation but that is tied to a managed corporate account. I am a freelancer though, pretty much my own company by myself – but I still have the need to keep this stuff separate. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
    12-19-17 01:29 PM
    12-19-17 05:21 PM
    So I am on an Android Blackberry (Keyone) and I need to keep my important client's information (phonebook, calendar, messaging apps) separate from my less important communication. For example I can't have it that Signal or Whatsapp uploads my client's contacts to its servers, or that ordinary apps can access pics I took for work.

Now I read that there's Android for Work/Android Enterprise and Blackberry Balance/UEM that achieves such a separation but that is tied to a managed corporate account. I am a freelancer though, pretty much my own company by myself – but I still have the need to keep this stuff separate. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
    Unfortunately, the cheaper answer is dual carry...with no real apps on your company phone.
    sallustius likes this.
    12-19-17 05:25 PM
    Thank you. I did not know about that option. It's not seamless to switch users but at least it gives me a clean environment for work. I set up a local user for important stuff now that only syncs through BB hub. It looks as if App updates still carry over from the main account which has google and that seems to be a good thing too.
    12-20-17 06:53 AM
    Unfortunately, the cheaper answer is dual carry...with no real apps on your company phone.
    That's what I am used to do since like 2003 - I had just hoped the world might have moved on since. :-/
    12-20-17 06:55 AM
    That's what I am used to do since like 2003 - I had just hoped the world might have moved on since. :-/
    Nope. Sorry.
    12-20-17 07:44 AM
    I've accomplished this with BlackBerry UEM Cloud, as I needed to keep work and personal separate too.

So I signed up for BES 12 Cloud (as it used to be known as), purchased a license and away I went.

Setting it up is a bit of a task itself. It's not something I'd recommend for an amateur (saying this in general), and I've even made mistakes along the way.

But having work stuff (email, twitter, etc) away from the personal stuff is great.

Adding the work camera was a bit difficult; but of course the great people around here said to add it as a system app, and Voila! It works and keeps all the work related pictures separate from your personal side.
    11-29-18 05:27 PM