I'm in the UK and I needed to replenish my stock of BlackBerry 10 devices, so cheap Q5's for general users in the enterprise, however the distributor I purchase from (Ingram Micro) has no stock of Q5's or Q10 as both are now officially End of Life with no further stock.

I have to say that considering the Classic is still around 3 and a half weeks away from release BlackBerry have been quite stupid and annoying here, how the heck are enterprises suppose to source cheap 'fleet' devices now other than buying them from untrusted sources and dodgy websites that still have a few Q5's left lying around.

I'm particularly annoyed that there's now no longer a cheap option when using a BES 10 or 12 server, not very enterprise friendly of them. The Classic will cost around 255 from distributors when it's released, compare this to picking up a Q5 for around 140, it's a big price difference if you purchases them in bulk.
    11-20-14 10:49 AM
    Not surprising, my friend went to buy a Q10 at one of the major carriers here in canada, Telus. And he was told they no longer carry the product due to too many defects, this was back in feb.
    11-20-14 10:54 AM
    Lots of Q10s and 5's on sale direct from Blackberry, I notice.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 05:13 AM
    Well, it depends on what you understand under "End of Life".

As long as there is no end of support, I am happy with my Q5.

Note: BlackBerry intends to support legacy BBOS devices indefinitely | CrackBerry.com
    11-25-14 06:40 AM
    Not surprising, my friend went to buy a Q10 at one of the major carriers here in canada, Telus. And he was told they no longer carry the product due to too many defects, this was back in feb.
    Probably the information from the same guy who said Blackberry was out of business. The carrier people don't have a clue and I wouldn't listen to a word any of them said.
    11-25-14 06:52 AM
    End of Life means different people. EOL to a carrier is that they don't sell them anymore. EOL to a software company means that they won't update the software anymore (mostly as Microsoft will take money to make changes to XP for large corporations for $$$ even though the product is EOL). EOL to Blackberry is that they won't manufacture the product anymore. Although they will support the product and software updates will still be released.
    11-25-14 06:56 AM
    It's not end of life, just out of stock

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 07:16 AM
    It's not end of life, just out of stock

Posted via CB10
    Nope this is Ingram Micro I'm working with, a huge global company, in the UK they have exclusive distribution rights for the Classic for a couple of months. Definitely End of Life, there are some still out there in the channel but once they're gone they're gone, pretty stupid when the Classic's not out for a few weeks yet.

Frustrating that BlackBerry have killed off any cheap / Curve class BB 10 devices, which is what the Q5 ultimately became when no one wanted to buy it and the price of it hit rock bottom.
    11-25-14 03:34 PM
    I'm sure they are mandated as BlackBerry spokespersons.
    they are speculating. Of course, BlackBerry might not produce any stock for now seeing as efforts are focused on classic and pp. But I'd be surprised if this is the end of the q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:53 PM