Hi guys,

My apologies if this is answered somewhere else, but my searching is proving futile so I thought I'd ask the pros.

Scenario: My company wants to get me a new BB Classic when they come out in AU. I am a long-time BB devotee in my personal life, but have avoided carrying a work device because I know that being connected to the BES means/meant that work has access to all of my personal communications.

Question: With BES12 and BB Blend, and the ability to separate on device work and personal usage, is there any kind of separation in terms of monitoring options for work vs. personal profiles? That question is two-fold: (a) if using a company-supplied device, can they still read my personal profile BBMs, emails, etc.? (b) if using a BYOD but connecting to company BES for work profile use, can they still read my personal profile BBMs, emails, etc.?

I work for a company that is really, really into monitoring, and while I have no fears about breaking any rules, I just simply don't want these people to be able to snoop in my personal messages.

Any info will be much appreciated!
    11-27-14 09:37 PM
    My understanding is that they can only monitor activities on the Work side. That said, you can't have 2xBBM accounts on one device, so they'd be able to monitor that. But any personal email account you setup on the Personal side should be free from prying eyes.

But don't take it from me, as this is just how I understand it to be and might not be 100% accurate.
    12-25-14 06:59 PM
    What can be monitored by a company depends of device activation. It's irrelevant is it BOYD or company's phone! But I don't think you should be an expert and know the difference between Corporate activation and other types of activations. A company should state clearly what data is monitored and why, shouldn't they?
    Corporate activated device grants you privacy when using phone, SMS and BBM but with Internet traffic is a bit complicated

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 07:10 AM