So I started an online retail, Emergency Preparedness & Self-Reliant Living

I use shopify for my site, and PayPal for payment. If BlackBerry is supposed to be the go to for business, why don't these businesses have anything for BlackBerry? Does BlackBerry actively pursue these people to encourage app development? Are there any debit/credit card payment devices that can be used with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 10:39 AM
    Very good questions!

So far, there aren't native versions of those apps. When BlackBerry talks business, I don't really see them saying "small business" though, they usually target large corporations with fleets of mobile devices. And those don't usually require the payment gadgets you just mentioned.

But do NOT despair yet! You can get the Android version of PayPal! And if the payment gadget works with BT and it will connect to your BB10 device (privided the gadget's connector app works on BB10 - which they will for sure once 10.3 is out).

So, grab the android versions of such apps and give them a spin before investing on any payment aparatus.
    08-21-14 10:46 AM
    Came here looking for a Paypal app also, will try the Android version I hope the layout flows well.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 11:53 AM
    I've had a fair experience with the PayPal app downloaded from Snap, it's fluid. The one problem I've found is every time I transfer a payment it shows an error, yet it does go through. So be careful not to duplicate payments.

I hope PayPal eventually provides a native app on BlackBerry World. If not, at least a decent ported one, which hopefully does not show said error, nor ask for Google Play Services in the "Buy" section.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    10-04-14 06:28 PM
    Sorry folks, I changed my user name for my business name and forgot about my thread here.

Diegonei, thanks for your thoughts. I think your entirely right. It's too bad though. I've done almost everything from my z10. Except for the initial website setup, I add products and keep in touch and make orders and fulfill orders and everything from my bb. I do plan though on looking into the passport. It may be more helpful.

I did try the PayPal app from snap as well. My issue was it kept telling me it couldn't work properly without the Google services. And then it was doing some funky things. I'd open an app (I can't remember which one, and the PayPal app would open). Maybe I'll try it again once the 10.3 upgrade is out.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    11-07-14 06:41 PM
    Oh, I do hope that soon the point of sale gadgets will work with the BlackBerry soon too.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:42 PM
    Time is changing fast and i think its essential already this days.. More and more people is needing the app.
    12-23-14 07:40 AM