My apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum to post...

Signed up for the BBCS (literally a day before it came out of beta) and the Enterprise trial (which seems necessary for this to work) for Office365 in hopes of finally getting a "BESx w/o the administrative concerns" for my 9930 on Verizon (VZ). I do NOT have an enterprise acct. w/VZ, but the plain vanilla BIS service. (This is a personal unit, and no, Google is not an option. )

This is all being done on a machine running Win7 (Ultimate, if that matters).

I got up to the point to where I can log into my O365 acct > Manage BBCS, whereupon trying to assign DEVICES > ATTACHED DEVICES results in the error message: "No BlackBerry devices are connected to your computer." Hitting "Scan all ports" results in the same error.

I have tried:
    1) Plugging in the BB both before and after BBCS was launched.
    2) Plugging in the BB both before and after BBCS was launched, BOTH before and after the BB Desktop was launched (yes, BB Desktop DOES see the BB...the BB Admin Service still does not.
    3) Multiple browsers (and methods (1) and (2) above; FF 9.0.1, Seamonkey 2.6.1, and even horrid IE 9.x (latest after last official updates).
    4) Multiple browsers (as listed in (3) on a Vista machine I use as a backup.

After some searching, there was a BES troubleshooting query that suggested pulling the battery and plugging into the computer to have it reinstall drivers. This didn't change the end results, however.

I'm logged in AS the Admin account to the BBCS but cannot assign a device to myself. Still have about 15 days before my trial expires, but I'm at my wit's end.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be most grateful for your direction.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
    - M
    02-12-12 03:20 AM
    Which browser are you using to do this? Only Internet Explorer will work as RIM use an ActiveX plug in to do this.

You can create an activation password and install the Enterprise Activation App from App World to activate your device?

I must admit I gave up on O365 and BBCS as my device kept stalling at 38% and RIM were of very little help. Swapped back to Google Apps and hosted BESx and my device activates straight away.
    02-12-12 07:19 AM
    Thank you for the reply, james.mead1981... Alas, I've tried IE as well as others to no avail. Did notice the plug-in asked to be installed EVERY time so maybe something else is going on. (All permissions are set correctly and no indication the firewall is blocking anything.)

As you said, RIM is not of great help, and I've all but given-up myself. Most frustrating...
    02-12-12 11:31 AM
    My apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum to post...

Signed up for the BBCS (literally a day before it came out of beta) and the Enterprise trial (which seems necessary for this to work) for Office365 in hopes of finally getting a "BESx w/o the administrative concerns" for my 9930 on Verizon (VZ). I do NOT have an enterprise acct. w/VZ, but the plain vanilla BIS service. (This is a personal unit, and no, Google is not an option. )

This is all being done on a machine running Win7 (Ultimate, if that matters).

I got up to the point to where I can log into my O365 acct > Manage BBCS, whereupon trying to assign DEVICES > ATTACHED DEVICES results in the error message: "No BlackBerry devices are connected to your computer." Hitting "Scan all ports" results in the same error.

I have tried:
    1) Plugging in the BB both before and after BBCS was launched.
    2) Plugging in the BB both before and after BBCS was launched, BOTH before and after the BB Desktop was launched (yes, BB Desktop DOES see the BB...the BB Admin Service still does not.
    3) Multiple browsers (and methods (1) and (2) above; FF 9.0.1, Seamonkey 2.6.1, and even horrid IE 9.x (latest after last official updates).
    4) Multiple browsers (as listed in (3) on a Vista machine I use as a backup.

After some searching, there was a BES troubleshooting query that suggested pulling the battery and plugging into the computer to have it reinstall drivers. This didn't change the end results, however.

I'm logged in AS the Admin account to the BBCS but cannot assign a device to myself. Still have about 15 days before my trial expires, but I'm at my wit's end.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be most grateful for your direction.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
    - M
    Hi,
    I had the same problem with a BIS account and I solved as follows:
    on the left side click user / manage user
    below the control panel "user administration" you will find several paragraph.
    Under "device activation" you'll find "+ create an activation e-mail"
    put your email.
    Since you have a BIS plan you'll probably don't find an enterprise activation icon in your option/device/system advanced settings.
    You can proceed like that (I found the instruction in another forum, post by David Barber on berryreview)
    1.From the main screen of your device scroll up and select the connections bar, or scroll down in your icons to connections
    2.Turn off your wireless by removing the check marks from Mobile Network and Wi-Fi.
    3. Go to option (or Options and Advanced), select the Service Book icon/menu list.
    [Inside Service Books, highlight each one and either press the delete key, or as listed in the next screen shot, click the menu key and select delete. This needs to be done for each service book, with the exception of the Provisioning, which will not delete. When you see the above, select delete. Once completed, please reboot the blackberry. ]

I did not delete everything but I had to manually delete some records for the calendar and contact which were related to the bis plan.

3.Once the blackberry is completed, go to the options menu for Enterprise Activation

4. Once you have the Enterprise Activation selection, click on it.

5. Inside Enterprise Activation, enter in your email address and password and click activate

6. When you receive a prompt to enable the radio, please do so and be patient for the process to complete

As a matter of fact with office365 E plan (or exchange online standalone option which is also part of the enterprise plan, that's what I was told) you have sort of BES plan activated on your device.
    I managed to sinchronize everything through exchange online. I am waiting also for the trail version to expire in oder to activate exchange online standalone (I do not need the whole 365 package)
    I hope my post was useful.
    mingus007 likes this.
    02-16-12 04:09 PM
    @Paulonet2: THANK YOU!!!

With 10 days to go on my trial, it seems this process is the way to go if anyone has issues getting a device (on BIS service w/o being able to see the device attached to the machine). While I did not have to go through the entire process (I'd apparently started an email activation a while back), I did a reset of the password and Enterprise Activation DID appear.

I swear to you, it was NOT there before.

As I type this, the contents of my BB appear to be synching w/the O365 servers (showing-up in my O365 account mailbox, contacts, etc.). I will post another report here w/any discoveries/problems that are out of the "expected" experience, but you, sir, are a genius providing info neither MS nor RIM would or could.

We could not have been the only people having this problem...

Again, my sincerest thanks!
    02-16-12 07:35 PM
    OK. 6 days out from my trial expiration, and the only real hiccup I've run across is my contacts import, which for some reason, scrambled (or "erased") my "File as" field (in Outlook, no less).

Took me a bit to figure out what had gone wrong since my contacts were listing in no particular order, regardless of how I tried to filter them (ie- alphabetically). There is no blank field BUT, if I hit the dropdown arrow in the "File as" and RE-selected the exact same thing that was already there, it WOULD suddenly filter properly. Somewhere in my synch, at least, this part of it went a little sideways. And it did not do it to all entries. Names were generally not affected. Businesses, listed only as the business (vs. an employee's name associated w/the business) were.

Figured I'd add that to the pot in case anyone else was wondering what the heck was going on.

Now for the $120 (vs. $72) question...

Can I get away having the Blackberry Business Cloud Services working with my email w/the Exchange Online ONLY package? Or does it require the full "E1" package (which has SharePoint, Lync, etc. that I likely won't be using)?

Bestest,
    - m
    02-21-12 02:16 AM
    Hi Mingus,
    MS customer care assured that you can buy the exchange online as standalone application and, since it is part of the "E" plans, it will work with bb cloud. It's 4,5€ (5$ I think). I will let you know for sure in less than two weeks, when my trial E3 expires.
    Bye
    03-04-12 05:47 PM
    Since this thread seems to pop-up reasonably high on any searches regarding Office365 (O365) and Blackberry Business Cloud Services (BBCS) activation problems, I figured I’d add my further forays to close-out my experiences/problems. Sorry for the length. Figured I’d try to give “too much” than not enough…

Trial E3 Plan > Paid E1 Plan:

Not sure how much of this holds water, but some reading online indicates E1 plans are on the same “system” of former BPOS (MS’s now rebranded O365 services) accounts, or accounts that have migrated. There seems to be some who think this has something to do w/the activation problems.

My Solution:
    PREPARATION: This may or may not be unique to my own issues, but here’s what ultimately worked for me, in the order where activation finally “took.” ** Please note I had set up my “vanity email” to be used beforehand so that “me@mydomain.com” would show-up instead of “me@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com” All email WAS showing-up in Outlook, but activation was not happening. ** Some of the following might be “stupid,” but it’s as step-by-step as I could muster in case any particular step might’ve been important w/o me knowing it (I’m NOT even a novice BES user).

STEPS:
    1) Before doing anything, I paid App World a visit and downloaded the ENTERPRISE ACTIVATION app (from RIM).
    This was a failsafe in case “Enterprise Activation” vanished from the OPTIONS > DEVICE > ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS page on the device. (Many times, SERVICE BOOKS is the top item.)

2) In BBCS, I purged the activation password associated w/my account.

3) Using JL_CMDER, I then performed a FACTORY RESET on my 9930 (OS7.x).
    FACTORY RESET does NOT nix all applications already on board (though it will flush registration info for many of them). The reason for this was to eliminate any IT POLICIES that might be hindering activation.

4) Revisiting BBCS, I now set up a new activation password.
    Not sure if it matters, but I made sure to have at least 5 letters PLUS 1 number. I also changed the activation password expiration date to 72 hours (vs. the default 48). I have NO idea why the following was observed, but it took over 48 hours before my two successful activation attempts. The documentation (either for O365 or BBCS, I can’t remember which) that said it could take “up to 72 hours” to take. I took them at their word, here. Exit BBCS.

5) Installed my Shrink-a-OS trimmed OS7 onto the BB. I went ahead and activated all my other email accounts b/c my activation attempts w/BBCS appeared to be screwing-up.
    I was jumping back and forth between entering me@mydomain.com and me@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com during this period. NEITHER was working, but the activation emails WERE showing-up in my Outlook Exchange box (w/the ETD.DAT file attachments).
    Again, it was some time in the middle of my THIRD day since setting all the above up that I finally got results…

6) If OPTIONS > DEVICE > ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS is not present on your device, find and hit the ENTERPRISE ACTIVATION app (from Step 1).

7) The me@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com email + my yet-active password got the synchronization to kick over.
    Again, b/c I’d set up my vanity email properly, while my Exchange box in Outlook read as me@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com, the outbound emails all read properly as @mydomain.com.

MORE HEADACHES:
    After a full day of working properly, I awoke the next morning to find that email would NOT be delivered to my handset. (Email WAS showing-up in my Exchange mailbox, however, as it’s always done.)

After doing some research, I found the following regarding FOLDER REDIRECTION.
    KB04297-How to configure folder redirection to receive email messages delivered to folders other than the Inbox

The instructions there worked for me. (I set my INBOX and SENT EMAIL to redirect.)

Thus far *knock on wood*, all synchs appear to be operating correctly across desktop Outlook and my handset. Contacts, Tasks and Calendar are also synching properly… Basically, “What should have happened out of the box,” is now happening. Hopefully this will spare someone the month it took me to sort through. (Again, I’m a total newb to all this, so that’s probably why it took so long.)
    03-04-12 05:49 PM
    Paulonet2,

I wish you godspeed! I think our posts crossed over the weekend. Yes, the Exchange service is a part of the "E" series of services, but in lieu of my E3 to E1 downgrade, I hope your experience is more pleasant than was my transition (taking over 2wks to resolve).

Do post your results if you'd be so kind.

Sent from a mysterious device beyond your wildest imagination...
    03-05-12 11:53 PM
    Dear Mingus,
    I did the transition from E3 trial to Exchange online standalone today without any problem.
    I first purchased 1 license for Exc.Onl. (my trial version of E3 expires in a week and I feared an interruption so I bought it in advance). Then I called the customer service, which guided me as follows:
    under office 365 webpages on the left under subscription/licences there were E3 trial (with one license assigned) and Exchange Online (no licences assigned with the option "assign now").
    I clicked on that option and the account which I had already created with E3 was shown. I selected that account and clicked on modify. A page appeared with E3 and all related services on the top and Exchange Online on the bottom. I deselected the E3 services and selected exchange online, then saved. AND IT'S DONE. I keep receiving e-mail properly on exchange online, my pc outlook and my bb.

Bye.
    Last edited by paulonet2; 03-09-12 at 07:22 AM.
    03-09-12 03:52 AM
    Paulonet2,

Did you put in for a vanity url as well? (ie- you@paulonet2.com) Or are you still carrying forward w/the default yourname@xxxx.onmicrosoft.com address the trial came with?

Maybe that's where my troubles arose from... Scared to mess w/a working setup, but $48 is the ol' gym membership!

Best,
    - m
    03-10-12 03:41 PM
    Hi Mingus,
    I set up from the very beginning (during the trial) my domain name eg. paulonet2-- which I also use to log in. I configured everything with eg. -paulonet2---, instead of .onmicrosoft and then delete the account named .onmicrosoft. I did that with the customer service of microsoft. The were very helpful and patient (I spent some hours on it).
    Of course I had some issued with my hosting provider. I had to change it because the former oner did not allow me use external mx record.
    bye
    03-12-12 05:45 AM
    Paulonet2, Mingus,
    Thanks for all these points. Looks like I'm on the same boat here.
    No BES, BIS only plan and trying to activate enterprise.

Some issues I have are slightly different from yours, but resulting in the same issue : my 9900 seems unable to activate (I tried the AppWorld Enterprise Activation app and web admin console).

Web admin console :
    - In the web administration services console, my device gets listed w/o problem.
    - When I try to attach it to an existing user (the one being created when activating business cloud services from 365) I get a strange message : "Unable to retrieve this device specific informations" (sorry it's translated from French). I write "strange", because I get all the informations when I hit the device properties under the devices section.

Enterprise activation App :
    - I use the regular xxx@mycompany.onmicrosoft.com address
    - I deleted the activation pw and send the activation mail again
    - Within the App no error but recurrent timeouts "try again" (6th attempt right now) edit : failed with "server not responding" error

BUT I wonder if it's not only a delay issue : did I read well that it might last 72 hours ?

Also, there's an option called "Web Desktop Manager" with install file, that could handle the process, but I've not been able to install it (vanishing install) on my W7 pro desktop.

Any inputs welcome ...

EDIT : Since it's more "on topic", please find my follow-up here : http://forums.crackberry.com/busines...change-706733/
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-24-12 at 03:11 AM.
    05-23-12 12:48 PM
    Hi, Superfly_FR! Sorry for such a late reply (unbelievable couple of weeks of work-- closing-up a 4 year project!). I jumped to the "EDIT" link you provided and it seems you're all up and running. Congratulations!

It IS pretty darn neat, isn't it? (Though I'm finding my contacts now do not synch if I create them in Outlook. If I create it on the BB, however, it DOES synch back to my Outlook. *sigh* Still, 99% functional is OK for me (for now))... Holding out to see how this will all get shaken-up (or mysteriously fixed) in BB10.

And your "translations" were perfectly fine!
    06-02-12 02:00 AM
    Hi, Superfly_FR! Sorry for such a late reply (unbelievable couple of weeks of work-- closing-up a 4 year project!). I jumped to the "EDIT" link you provided and it seems you're all up and running. Congratulations!

It IS pretty darn neat, isn't it? (Though I'm finding my contacts now do not synch if I create them in Outlook. If I create it on the BB, however, it DOES synch back to my Outlook. *sigh* Still, 99% functional is OK for me (for now))... Holding out to see how this will all get shaken-up (or mysteriously fixed) in BB10.

And your "translations" were perfectly fine!
    Glad it helped
    For your Outlook contacts, be sure it's the 365 one that is displayed/used ... for me it's working perfectly. I'll double check on Monday in case I've missed something.
    06-03-12 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD