In the instance where a BB10 device enabled with Balance and given to a government employee: Has anyone done any research to determine if information stored on the Personal side can be requested as public record?

Considering that Balance puts a partition between the two sides, can anything stored on the personal side remain out of a public record request?

Background: I have recently been given a iOS device to use for work and own a Z10 personally. I believe the local government I work for has a BES server (need to check into which version) so I would like to consolidate two devices into one and just use the Z10. But everyone I work with keeps telling me that if I do use the Z10, everything becomes public record. But I think they are saying this not knowing anything about Balance.

Has anyone looked into this? What have you found?
    10-16-14 12:30 AM
    The concept of Balance warranties your assumption, but I don't think there has been enough time for anyone to actually rule on this. But on a world rules by logic, it would work the way you have stated.

Talk to the IT team/guy. It can't just be BES, it has to be BES10. And if it is, ask them about that. They should be able to answer.
    gkl likes this.
    10-16-14 07:59 AM