04-18-15 08:44 AM
112 123 ...
tools
    I'm a proud Z10 owner and now that Secure Work Spaces is available, I will turn down job offers from any company that refuses to support BB10 devices, because I will interpret that to mean that the company has weak internal decision making processes.. I will ask the question at the end of any job interviews for BYOD companies and will clearly indicate that I own a Z10 because I believe bb10 devices are the best for security and work flow. If they do an exit interview I will tell them that refusal to consider bb10 support indicates they don't really care about security or work flow, so I will go elsewhere.

Anyone else considering this approach, or have any thoughts?
    sugbo and STV0726 like this.
    06-25-13 11:23 AM
    So you find the job of your dreams and turn it down because of a phone??? Makes total sense! If the money and job is right they can give me a can and some string.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:33 AM
    You obviously don't have any dependants.

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye, Dzyen and Ferika like this.
    06-25-13 11:34 AM
    To each their own, good luck with that buddy.
    Dzyen likes this.
    06-25-13 11:37 AM
    The OP is a funny guy.

Posted via CB10
    Dzyen and Acidwire like this.
    06-25-13 11:38 AM
    Well if its the only comparable job available, you may be in a position to take it (but seriously?!? You would be happy to work for a supposedly BYOD company that refuses to support your device of choice and that gives you a piece of sh*t to work with?!? Does that tell you that they are really going to value you as an employee?!?). Personally I almost always have equivalent multiple job offers and will turn down the company that acts like that to me.

Sorry you're all not as much in demand.
    06-25-13 11:38 AM
    Here is my thought - I'll let the company worry about security of their sensitive data while I worry about providing for myself and my family.
    06-25-13 11:39 AM
    Misplaced priorities...
    1magine, Saiga, Dzyen and 6 others like this.
    06-25-13 11:41 AM
    Don't be so silly to refuse good offer for the great job or for the job that matches your hobby.

You need to enter the enterprise first, then from the inside, you can change the system. Show the C level that what Z10 and BlackBerry can help the company to make the work flow more effective and efficient.

Posted via CB10
    ghundiraj likes this.
    06-25-13 11:41 AM
    Is this thread for real?
    06-25-13 11:42 AM
    They find out about your mental state you won't be much in demand either.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:42 AM
    The OP is a funny guy.

Posted via CB10
    (smile) gotta admit that's a true fanboy!
    06-25-13 11:44 AM
    I I think most companies would be better off hiring a different employee if this is the way you make decisions...just saying
    06-25-13 11:47 AM
    Great idea. Nope.
    Blacklatino and louzer like this.
    06-25-13 11:50 AM
    A combination of BB10 and BES 10 is either the best or it isn't. I believe in only the best and don't want to work for an organization that refuses to provide their employees with the best tools to maximize their productivity, especially mine. I can afford to be picky, and no it won't affect my income.
    06-25-13 11:53 AM
    I just won the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, but the guy that handed me the BIG check was holding an iPhone, so I turned it down.

Take that, PCH!
    06-25-13 11:55 AM
    I'm a proud Z10 owner and now that Secure Work Spaces is available, I will turn down job offers from any company that refuses to support BB10 devices, because I will interpret that to mean that the company has weak internal decision making processes.. I will ask the question at the end of any job interviews for BYOD companies and will clearly indicate that I own a Z10 because I believe bb10 devices are the best for security and work flow. If they do an exit interview I will tell them that refusal to consider bb10 support indicates they don't really care about security or work flow, so I will go elsewhere.

If what you say is actually true and not just thr ramblings of an *****....then...you must be said *****. The stupidity you can read online is astounding.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    06-25-13 11:58 AM
    A combination of BB10 and BES 10 is either the best or it isn't. I believe in only the best and don't want to work for an organization that refuses to provide their employees with the best tools to maximize their productivity, especially mine. I can afford to be picky, and no it won't affect my income.
    What if they use non-3M Post-it Notes? IMO, they are definitely the best ones, but there's something to be said for the cost-savings on the other brands...
    Let's just wait and see how that turns out when mr. unemployment needs to pay rent...

I'm sorry, but that's just ridicules / misplaced priorities.
    wow............
    Dzyen likes this.
    Well if its the only comparable job available, you may be in a position to take it (but seriously?!? You would be happy to work for a supposedly BYOD company that refuses to support your device of choice and that gives you a piece of sh*t to work with?!? Does that tell you that they are really going to value you as an employee?!?). Personally I almost always have equivalent multiple job offers and will turn down the company that acts like that to me.

Sorry you're all not as much in demand.
    It tells me that the company isnt going with last place ****ty devices if they let me bring anything but blackberry

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    06-25-13 11:59 AM
    You all seem to assume that having 60% of Fortune 500 companies to choose from (andl likely more down the road) is such a narrow field that you will never have more than one quality job offer. I beg to differ.
    06-25-13 12:04 PM
    You all seem to assume that having 60% of Fortune 500 companies to choose from (andl likely more down the road) is such a narrow field that you will never have more than one quality job offer. I beg to differ.
    No, but while we make our decision based on salary, perks, health insurance, sick time policy, vacation policy, hours, commute, and prospect for advancement, you will choose based on what phone they want you to use.... HAHAHAHA
    It's a good thing I don't believe this thread is serious.
    06-25-13 12:14 PM
    Jesus all I ever hear is how BlackBerry is so much more productive than any other OS, care to explain what exactly is so much more efficient on a BB10 device than anything else out there. Maybe 10 years ago BBerry was more productive because there wasn't any other serious choice, but now imo BBerry is far from the most productive seeing as though there are a lack of applications for the platform, not to mention their market share here in the US has slumped, meaning the majority of companies developing their internal software to play nice on iOS and Android. As with BlackBerry bringing secure workspaces to iOS devices (not sure about Android) what company would need to lay out on BB10 devices? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see BlackBerry make a comeback in all markets but they're not exactly inspiring hope right now with how they're handling their consumer markets, as if they can't get that right what Fortune 500 company is going to have confidence in them for support in that kind of critical workplace?
    06-25-13 12:20 PM
    If they refuse to let me use my mobile device of choice which has the best work flow tools (to start, for example, the best/fastest keyboard) it will especially affect my time with my family (where do you do much of your off-hours work? With mobile devices, when you would otherwise be with your family). You all laugh, but yet it's a completely rational decision.
    06-25-13 12:21 PM
112 123 ...