Boost Mobile to launch unlimited BlackBerry Messenger plan
    The new plan will give users of the new BlackBerry Curve 9310 unlimited access to BlackBerry Messenger with talk and text for $45 a month initially and $30 a month down the road.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57461769-93/boost-mobile-to-launch-unlimited-blackberry-messenger-plan/

Michaelaw
    06-27-12 12:36 PM
    Interesting.....network 8ta here in RSA, is offering BIS for R30(zar) as opposed to the normal R60 for pre-paid users. However this new permanent offers only 2 emails instead of 10 but BIS perks remain unchanged.

If more networks start offering more attractive BIS related deals around the world, this would mean RIM is using this new approach to increase its foot hold on markets around the world.

Hopefully.
    06-27-12 01:52 PM
    Wows!!! I was thinking about going to no-contract. Can't wait!
    06-27-12 04:10 PM
    I just got off the phone with Boost about an outage in my area and brought up this new device and plan. Yes it is unlimited talk/text/bbm but if I were to jump from my current 8530 which is on the unlimited BlackBerry plan I would lose my unlimited web/internet access. The new 9310 does have wifi but being in IT I need my internet all the time. I use BBM quite a bit but not enough to warrant giving up my internet access outside of wifi, getting an unlocked Style and have already verified they can activate it. As long as Sprint/Boost has/had the device in their network they have the necessary files and configs to activate them. Just thought I'd share.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530
    06-28-12 10:10 PM
    So will this phone let you on BIS with wifi only? Without BIS you're pretty much limited to web browsing... what about email and IM? If Boost has some deal lined up where you can access BIS over wifi, then this is just about the perfect phone for city dwellers like me who need a phone for their teenager that won't break the bank. We're in range of open wifi pretty much all the time.
    07-17-12 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD