So, I have been considering getting a BB phone since I got my Playbook. I don't want to pay $30+ a month more for it through Sprint who I have had forever but, I was considering getting a BB phone through Boost Mobile, who is owned by Sprint.

Does anyone have any input on the quality of the phones offered by Boost?

Help me out you CB Addicts, Abusers etc...

I am currently just on a regular phone that sucks!

THANKS!
    02-08-12 02:43 PM
    So, I have been considering getting a BB phone since I got my Playbook. I don't want to pay $30+ a month more for it through Sprint who I have had forever but, I was considering getting a BB phone through Boost Mobile, who is owned by Sprint.

THANKS!
    i use to have a blackberry curve 8530 from boost mobile and my playbook... you do can bridge your phone with the tablet but the tetherin option does not work, i really dont know if bridge and tetherin are the same but it does work with bb from boost mobile. let me tell you about the speed of the bridge browser, is really mediocre, i dont know about blackberry style from boost mobile bridge is faster but i dont think so!! style from boost run OS6 so it should work faster because of the OS6.. dont even try the curve with os5 from boost mobile because you will be disapointed!!
    Cubanig and cdelcampo216 like this.
    02-08-12 03:23 PM
    i use to have a blackberry curve 8530 from boost mobile and my playbook... you do can bridge your phone with the tablet but the tetherin option does not work, i really dont know if bridge and tetherin are the same but it does work with bb from boost mobile. let me tell you about the speed of the bridge browser, is really mediocre, i dont know about blackberry style from boost mobile bridge is faster but i dont think so!! style from boost run OS6 so it should work faster because of the OS6.. dont even try the curve with os5 from boost mobile because you will be disapointed!!
    other than this i can say nothing else because i stick with boost mobile but i change phones.. i got a samsung transform ultra from boost mobile, let me tell you is great!! it does have font and rear camera, you can skype,tango,oovooo and video call with all those video chat app with no extra fees,just pay 55$ for 6 months and then they shrink 5$ every 6 months, unlimited talk,text,email and web for 55$ with shrink thats wholesome!! and take advantage from sprint great network. i know it sounds like a add but im just letting you know, because in this times im not ashamed of have a pre paid phone, why? when i can have it all for less... lol! good luck
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    02-08-12 03:31 PM

THANKS!
    IMHO, I would buy an unlocked GSM Blackberry with OS 5.0 or higher, and then you can just pick and choose carriers who offer a pay as you go plan, such as AT&T, T-Mobile, and a host of lesser known carriers who are indigenous to each area of the US, Alaska, Guam, etc. Also, an unlocked GSM phone is most usefull when travelling outside of the US, where GSM is the dominant standard.
    02-08-12 03:32 PM
    Cheaper in the long run to own your phone ( pay to unlock it) and choose a carrier that is available in your area then to get a contract or be limited in phone choices with smaller carriers.
    02-08-12 04:33 PM
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to keep looking around... much appreciated.
    02-08-12 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD